What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
So this week I bought a couple pairs of secateurs from Niwaki. One set of GR Pros as a gift for a chap I have worked with for nearly 19 years (he hired me), and one set of Okatsune for me, along with two 1000 grit shaped water stones to sharpen them. My friend was most impressed when I demonstrated that his new rose pruners were capable of shaving!

https://www.niwaki.com/store/secateurs-loppers/

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Aldi bargain. 20 hard ground pegs and peg puller £7.99. Galvanised steel. Heavy when you have 20 in your hand but will only need a few for the tarp so loads of spares!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I've not posted in this thread for a while so this is a bit of a catch up job , If I'd got all this on one day I think I would have expired with joy!

New, ( much smaller to pack than the old Wild Country Citadel XL) , family tent
Wild Country Zeyphros 4 Living with Footprint ( both in sales )

2 Vango fat git strength folding chairs and one for norms new in the sales.

Macpac Weka 30 litre day bag in a taste full "Forest night", got about £30 off in the sales.

Whitebox stove and a M-Kettle, I couldn*t afford the US version of the latter and in any case I try to buy British where I can.

Weihrauch 99S air rifle .177 bought off my eldest son unfired after 3 years of him owning it, with padded case, eye protection , pellets. Since I'd bought him it him in the first place I gave him a hundred for it.

Webley Mk VI Battlefield finish CO2 .177 air pistol, pellets, 10 more brass pellet holders, bag of CO2 bulbs. Bisley .22 and .117 cleaning kit, Bisley Silicone whatsit and some spay gun oil for the outside.

And since I have a circumference not a waist I had the lovely people at Military History Workshop make me a replica XL 1914 Pattern leather belt , cross braces, pistol ammunition pouch and Other Ranks pistol holster and a jack knife strap/clip to fit the belt.

http://www.militaryhistoryworkshop.co.uk/shop/index.php?page=1&act=viewCat&catId=11

I have a genuine brass cleaning rod and a lanyard so I now have a rather spiffing rig to carry the Webley. Without the cross straps the belt headed south as soon as I raised my arms or even breathed in deeply.

And so many second hand books from Amazon there's too many to list them all. This week it was books on treen, Managed to find 4 either second hand or knocked down to a reasonable amount. "Treen for the Table" was about a tenner and looked new when it arrived.

19 pairs of Brasher or Berghaus thick socks for a quid a pop ( last pair was a freebie ) on Retford market straight from the factory in Leicester , All with the wrong size woven into them but actually all 8s-10s, shared out with my 3 sons but I kept 7 pair.

I forget what else but most came from funds from my dumping a load of militaria I don't collect. picked up on spec as dirt cheap. So one hobby has funded another which is nice when it happens. made a lot of space as well which is a bonus

ATB

Tom

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I was on a middle ages type market yesterday evening .when I saw this , my missus rolled her eyes and pulled me away from the stand .
so I got up early this morning when they where opening up and brought it .
I just could not resist.

cold steel blow gun.

View attachment 54417

Hate to do this, but it’s worth being aware of for your own info, and any excuses if it came to it. Blowguns are such fun, but they’ve been as illegal as flick knives since 1988 when the Criminal Justice Act came into force. Owning isn’t mentioned, but the supposition would be you acquired it pre ‘88. Your seller breached the law on several counts, probably entirely innocently.

Strangely the humble pea-shooter ‘could’ come under the legislation, but an 11.9ft/lbs air rifle doesn’t. The CJA is one of the most misinformed, reactionary, ill-thought out pieces of law we have, it’s depths are muddy and confused, but it could be used against you if necessary.

“In the United Kingdom under the Criminal Justice Act 1988, and in Australia, the blowgun is categorized as an offensive weapon, and as such it is illegal to manufacture, sell or hire or offer for sale or hire, expose or have in one's possessionfor the purpose of sale or hire, or lend or give to any other person.”

Again, apologies, things like that shouldn’t be illegal. Take care and have fun. :)

Today I have bought 4 cans of butane in the tall tins for £4.95. The ones for blowtorches and those camp hobs in the plastic cases. It’s for a camp lighting, dark cooking project but mainly just for fun. I’ll post some pics when all the bits have arrived, it’s easier than trying to lift images from Aliexpress.

An adaptor to use them to refill some of the big 500 propane/butane empties I have. I need the butane for its brighter carbon flame in a couple of lamps.

A splitter to screw on the can to make two gas outlets, another 8” tube to raise one up to see anything cooking if I run a stove off one end.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32955530314.html

All to power a couple of Lixada gas lamps like this in the link at £16, mine were £5 each, or other versatile possibilities of mantle lantern, stove with light above etc. Aliexpress do a mini gas mantle lantern for about a tenner, I could have spent more than I did but I have a Markill and a Mini Coleman.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0718WYXMH/ref=dp_prsubs_2

Reactions: salad

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Hate to do this, but it’s worth being aware of for your own info, and any excuses if it came to it. Blowguns are such fun, but they’ve been as illegal as flick knives since 1988 when the Criminal Justice Act came into force. Owning isn’t mentioned, but the supposition would be you acquired it pre ‘88. Your seller breached the law on several counts, probably entirely innocently.

Strangely the humble pea-shooter ‘could’ come under the legislation, but an 11.9ft/lbs air rifle doesn’t. The CJA is one of the most misinformed, reactionary, ill-thought out pieces of law we have, it’s depths are muddy and confused, but it could be used against you if necessary.

“In the United Kingdom under the Criminal Justice Act 1988, and in Australia, the blowgun is categorized as an offensive weapon, and as such it is illegal to manufacture, sell or hire or offer for sale or hire, expose or have in one's possessionfor the purpose of sale or hire, or lend or give to any other person.”

Again, apologies, things like that shouldn’t be illegal. Take care and have fun. :)

Today I have bought 4 cans of butane in the tall tins for £4.95. The ones for blowtorches and those camp hobs in the plastic cases. It’s for a camp lighting, dark cooking project but mainly just for fun. I’ll post some pics when all the bits have arrived, it’s easier than trying to lift images from Aliexpress.

An adaptor to use them to refill some of the big 500 propane/butane empties I have. I need the butane for its brighter carbon flame in a couple of lamps.

A splitter to screw on the can to make two gas outlets, another 8” tube to raise one up to see anything cooking if I run a stove off one end.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32955530314.html

All to power a couple of Lixada gas lamps like this in the link at £16, mine were £5 each, or other versatile possibilities of mantle lantern, stove with light above etc. Aliexpress do a mini gas mantle lantern for about a tenner, I could have spent more than I did but I have a Markill and a Mini Coleman.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0718WYXMH/ref=dp_prsubs_2

lucky I am am an expat, I live over in the alps here is not illegal , I can also carry a fixed blade on my belt with no problems:)

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
A Hawke Frontier ED X, 8x42 binocular. It was about time I moved on from WW2 Canadian 7x50's, damn things weighed more than twice their replacement and were made to sit in the Bridge binoc box, not to be lugged around, 1.414 kilo.
One happy fellah.
Ceeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE