What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've got one by the same makers that I know to have been a working lamp, and it is a little different to yours; I think they've made them for years like yours that folks could buy at the mining museum and places like that and as far as I know they are perfectly functional and will last as long as those certifird to go underground.

Mine, however, is no longer functional as when I went to put it back on it's shelf I dropped it and shattered the glass, so I'm off to try and source a replacement........:bawling:

Worth talking to Base Camp to see if they have a glass.

I've just bought a spare for mine from them which is a lot cheaper than Protector sell them.

Reactions: Nice65

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Not today, but my latest 'unnecessary stuff' buys are two WW2 British 'trench telescopes'.
One to polish, one to keep original.
Now I need to find a nice Mahogany and brass tripod.

Plus a mahogany and brass 1920's deck Chair.

Thinking of it, is that not very Steam Punk? Polished dark wood, brass, aluminium......
:)

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Not today, but my latest 'unnecessary stuff' buys are two WW2 British 'trench telescopes'.
One to polish, one to keep original.
Now I need to find a nice Mahogany and brass tripod.

Plus a mahogany and brass 1920's deck Chair.

Thinking of it, is that not very Steam Punk? Polished dark wood, brass, aluminium......
:)

That is very steam punk! If only shipping costs from the Grand Cayman weren't so high :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
No, no, no.....
Shipping cost FROM UK to Cayman! Company in Devon..
UKP 260 FedEx, both.
When you live in paradise.........

I believe they have one pair of the Trench telescope left.

It comes in the proper box, all the bits. Quite a good price too, about a third of what they sell for in US.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Got a good haul this weekend. A friend very kindly took me out for a tour of rural charity shops. Total purchases; a new pair of Levis, a new bush shirt, used heavy poncho, a vintage clothes brush, silk scarf, tweed tie, silk pocket square, and all for less than £15. And when I got home, the postie had delivered my new Tam O'Shanter bonnet, to replace the one that someone nicked.
il_794xN.1919280911_dfps.jpg

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Steam-punk tripods:
Back in the 1990's, there was a sudden and big shift from screw-mount surveyor's wooden tripods to metal, 3 point mounts.
The old wooden tripods were suddenly junk! They were free! Cherry, mahogany, ash, things of beauty with brass trim.
I don't think that I have more than 4 left. They are perfect with a dark cloth and a 5" x 4" bellows camera.

Ask around. Could be collecting dust in many places.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE