What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I went across town after work to the archery shop.

Picked up a 68" bow with a draw weight of 35lbs, to get started again after a 25 year break :O_O: and half a dozen carbon-fibre arrows.

I also bought a stick of the blue resin that the chap in the shop used to fix the piles in the shafts... thinking I might be able to use it as temporary glue for holding bits together while fitting up, drilling, that sort of thing, when making knives, jewellery, other bits of general metalwork.

I have two dozen arrows that I ordered a couple of weeks ago currently in transit.

Reactions: santaman2000

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Another charity shop haul, a second hand first aid manuel. More up to date than my present one,and 500g of pure wool to knit a warm winter woolly,also I spied in the butchers shop window toffee apple sausages... well I had to give them a go....interesting taste:emoji_hotdog:

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
One of these ..

3ACBA271-984F-4C86-AFAB-60AA188F893F.jpg

CF2697CE-E72A-45CE-8AF4-76A5A8F2EE7F.jpg

A0424E5C-1C47-4447-97C4-790261873C54.jpg

C5D1CFFA-7099-4871-B500-B7036F4B803F.jpg

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Oh I do loads of things. Always doing something.today I made some antler tine topped ferro rods and antler buttons. Tomorrow I plan to use some air dry clay and cookie cutters to make Xmas decorations to sell at a craft fair. Then there is the ongoing project of making shopping bags from recycled materials which I give out free to cut plastic bag use..... never a dull moment. Then if I get fed up crafting things there is foraging and making jam or wine or wierd flavoured spirits. (Hawthorn vodka is my last idea) there is also knitting felting carving spoons...badly..... ( must practice more).... list goes on. I'll have a go at anything. Made a leather belt, pouch, and knife sheath this year, and a wool bushshirt shirt. Next bushcraft project is a wood gas stove from tins. I love it.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Oh I do loads of things. Always doing something.today I made some antler tine topped ferro rods and antler buttons. Tomorrow I plan to use some air dry clay and cookie cutters to make Xmas decorations to sell at a craft fair. Then there is the ongoing project of making shopping bags from recycled materials which I give out free to cut plastic bag use..... never a dull moment. Then if I get fed up crafting things there is foraging and making jam or wine or wierd flavoured spirits. (Hawthorn vodka is my last idea) there is also knitting felting carving spoons...badly..... ( must practice more).... list goes on. I'll have a go at anything. Made a leather belt, pouch, and knife sheath this year, and a wool bushshirt shirt. Next bushcraft project is a wood gas stove from tins. I love it.
Wow, it makes me feel lazy :D I’ll search a few of your threads for examples

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sorry Mike not yet posted any photos as I don't know how. Not good with computers in fact don't have one. Just use my phone. Still with these dark evenings switch off the tele, put on a cd or radio and get going there are plenty of ideas to inspire . Good luck.

Reactions: mikehill

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Bought a few days a ago, but arrived this morning.
Buffalo Salopettes.
Can’t wait to try them out in the cold, when stood around outside with the Scouts.

Sent using Tapatalk

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Today I bought a Tormek T-4 Bushcraft Edition water cooled sharpening system. Well its actually for xmas from my wife but that's a long way off when things need to be played with.
Was after one last year but finally made up my mind that it is a great purchase.

Reactions: janso

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Today I bought a Tormek T-4 Bushcraft Edition water cooled sharpening system. Well its actually for xmas from my wife but that's a long way off when things need to be played with.
Was after one last year but finally made up my mind that it is a great purchase.

Cracking bit of kit mate; worth the money for all manner of sharpening - the triton version has cheaper jugs that fit just like the Tormek brand but cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE