What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just received from Twodogs:

34000417952_f541a749f6_c.jpg

Loose enough for a Helle Hansen/ Buffalo jacket underneath.

Bonus is my Snow Smock and Fishtail Parka fit over it also, so now a complete Winter top layering system :mrgreen:

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Fjallraven Granit shirt.

Should be here in a couple of days

Trying to cut down on the amount of military gear/surplus that I wear when I'm out and about, so this should do nicely

ced590b91a30c315795743ec655c21e4.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bushcraftdave

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2016
USA
I just unboxed my Pathfinders/Canteen shop canteen cook set. Man I'm loving it! It's so much fun to use.

[video=youtube;YIdR8PhhcdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIdR8PhhcdU[/video]

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
I got some old but good condition walking boots branded Montelliana, I cant find any info but they appear well made and were pocket change cheap.

All I can find is a womens shoe maker. Is anyone aware of this make?

I also found an apparently un-used hand held sewing machine.

Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
The April budget could not stretch to a pair of Bates Delta-8's with the adjustable heel so this season I'll be wandering in these somewhat cheaper generic patrol boots.

EDx9-uJNsW7CQMCJvSo8yMV7Ew3cVl1cAl15ozC5kr-s6rroUQuV-Y0OK31yD38BYuwrsdxzwgmTPayngwcsHHE-kJTd-oeqogzJFGdloPZF6PoF0gN0ovb0j5K5H9Ur-Xeih7wAkX6VP80eyH4qMfgMO_F0pYi0S8lTrPIkZNKdpbDr9lnUNGs34eGHUBfEsW7skmrr33AwLzooPxy2cxXYf0MQjEqQUkrWCfLGRj0_8Aq1Pd0NJAX-HcGu99GP0xZu7FbRDPykpHFVxCHUbq_vRB1TYNwWv0cTSVMu-lJf7au3tnenJOFQBQLFDNMh4wyi27Lrp-tXre1Excu_W-gV7DUuemnecbgl1fBhfI9jxb_y0rYy2hCPsxznzZlvqkbJUVnvhtMnImfP-grqovrJdQsiwFX0CvOiDJi6HsqzhyPT2ZMKKHVyotSKzAS3kGKr5N5Sit8R4zsKvEKoAKYU6rQkPDUBHmElhV8u5MlOfBoa5hniANBUf-K0RJMoI7j4ElQxeD8dzF8dLEWXPm0EQXLywnWugJMTYOPFnJyUq66drQZdx3fG3kVZVhk8OG4WaK6Hhh3jl6pd-9VrfaO48WrgqbZq_-OGbDU4lk_igAG9=w550-h414-no

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
Had a bit of a spree for last couple of weeks....it all started with a second hand jacklore wisp, then a few army surplus bags, helikon chairs (heavily reduced in price), dd gear from the group buy (hammocks, super light tarp, magic carpet), Mora's from monkey boy, one Tigris poncho & webbing straps, cyalume lights (went down well with the clan), toaks 550 ml, titanium spork (although not sure I like it), 2mm dyneema for the tarps and magic carpet, titanium tent pegs, aluminium tent pegs....

I must stop!
Thanks
Tim B

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Had a bit of a spree for last couple of weeks....it all started with a second hand jacklore wisp, then a few army surplus bags, helikon chairs (heavily reduced in price), dd gear from the group buy (hammocks, super light tarp, magic carpet), Mora's from monkey boy, one Tigris poncho & webbing straps, cyalume lights (went down well with the clan), toaks 550 ml, titanium spork (although not sure I like it), 2mm dyneema for the tarps and magic carpet, titanium tent pegs, aluminium tent pegs....

I must stop!
Thanks
Tim B

Hahaha it's so easily done Tim, I read your post and thought it sounded familiar 😂

Thanks,
Allan

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
Thanks Allan - its good to know I am not alone..... and true to form, not long after I posted I put myself down for a group buy for the fire dragon stove/gel.....the other half just looked up, rolled the eyes and said - so you don;t have enough stoves then. :)

Thanks
Tim B

forest_girl

Forager
Nov 29, 2016
Edinburgh
My student finance came in a few days ago and the frosts are (almost) easing up here so you know what that means - summer kit spree!! :D

I got a couple of cheap second hand 100% wool shirts which I'll soak with lanolin (summers up here mean showers!), a 3x3 DD tarp and fittings, a few pouches and things for my belt kit, a canteen, titanium plate and an msr stowaway for proper campfire cooking as opposed to the winter wood stove cooking my current kit is designed for.
I've got my eye on a Ridgeline Bushmaster smock to replace my hot and clunky loud surplus gore tex coat but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet! Also got second hand a lovely antler handled 77mm polar knife with a leather sheath from user Leshy which I'm very excited to put to the test!

Efficient, comfortable and lightweight clothing is a big obsession of mine, along with a useful but streamlined water carrying/cooking kit, so thats where most my effort and money goes. Hopefully I'll get close this summer but its never perfect! I'll be getting a few bush crafty things for my birthday at the end of may which I'm sure I'll make a post about when the time comes too :)

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Thanks Allan - its good to know I am not alone..... and true to form, not long after I posted I put myself down for a group buy for the fire dragon stove/gel.....the other half just looked up, rolled the eyes and said - so you don;t have enough stoves then. :)

Thanks
Tim B

Hahaha, I've had exactly the same conversation too about the amount of different stoves i have....I have tried to explain that there are different stoves for different situations/applications, and the good lady then pointed out that I may have developed a stove/bushcraft/outdoor kit purchase obsession.....

Just ordered a Vango Force 10 for a car camping tour around the north west of Scotland in the summer....

She may have a point!

Thanks,
Allan

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Been wanting a pair of these since 1994 and finally bagged a nice example from a less friendly site. See if you can guess make & model as arrived in the post this morning:
3ef6bcc0-df00-4729-9f56-632f8f013963_zpscskbgx9f.jpg

Cheers

K

Ettrick reiver

Jan 7, 2017
Scotland
I ordered a Varusteleka Sarma stove which I've mulled over for a while. I received their newsletter today and it's on offer so I've took the plunge.
Cheers
Garry

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
Hahaha, I've had exactly the same conversation too about the amount of different stoves i have....I have tried to explain that there are different stoves for different situations/applications, and the good lady then pointed out that I may have developed a stove/bushcraft/outdoor kit purchase obsession.....

Just ordered a Vango Force 10 for a car camping tour around the north west of Scotland in the summer....

She may have a point!

Thanks,
Allan

And of course you'll need a stove to go with that :lmao:

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Couple of bits and pieces arriving tomorrow. Water purification tablets, fun! But then a pair of Fjallraven Barents Pro trousers, and some Rogue RB-5 Trans Africa boots to see what they're like.

Ettrick reiver

Jan 7, 2017
Scotland
Hi Ettrick reiver I have been looking at these too, be interested to hear your findings on it. I am a big fan of Varusteleka, never had any problems with kit or service.

Hi
I love their zany humour and I'm well impressed with their jakkari pukko 110 knife, I expect the stove will be up to a high standard Finnish no bs.
Cheers
Garry

Bushcraftdave

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2016
USA
Opinel # 8 in Walnut, old carbon blade kitchen knife I plan on modding, and Toaks Ti spoons
[video=youtube;e6HmYHrwG0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6HmYHrwG0k&t=27s[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE