What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
2 x Alpkit Hunka bivi bags... for £5 each (Alpkit sale)! They have a faulty coating, hence the price, but as an extra cover I think that's pretty good. I'm sure they'll keep the wind down and provide some shelter for emergency use. Just a pity the XL ones weren't in the sale as not sure if I'll fit in the regular but that's my wife's Christmas present sorted... :D

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16869

Also bought some titanium cutlery because I don't own anything titanium and it's time I did... :)

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Nixwax tech wash and tx spray proofing. Reproofed my gortex with another brand that said wash and proof. First big down poor total wet out. Lesson learned by cheap by twice

Surv:vor

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 14, 2012
England
I bought a Lansky Diamond/Carbide Tactical Sharpening Rod, some Ballistol Universal Oil, and another Bahco Laplander Folding Saw.

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
I bought today, an 'Empire made' oil hand warmer similar to the one Zippo ripped off and charged more for, but this one has a hole for lighting cigarettes too, so better than the over priced Zippo and it's Empire Made.

I also bought an opti-visor as I have to change the capacitor in my Seiko Kinetic watch, as currently it is lucky if it holds a charge for half a day and that after 200 manual winds.

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 14, 2012
England
Today I bought a Snugpak Elite Vest/Bodywarmer in olive and a small Mil-Tec hydration backpack for half day wanderings.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Today I bought a new windscreen (£144.00) and a highlander rucksack waterproof cover (£6), which was far better value and judging by the guy that fitted my windscreen will probably leak less !

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
4 Season Yeti Sleeping bag for £99.00 on offer from the usual £145.00

http://www.bisonbushcraft.co.uk/wilderness_kit.htm

Same maker and spec as one of these

I have several, for the really cold months I have a Woodlore Golden Eagle, which has kept me toasty at -40 in a snow-trench, colder than the manufacturer reckoned it was good for, these days I can just wrap my self in my extra long shemagh, the nights are very warm just now.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95433

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 14, 2012
England
Today I bought 3x merino base layer in sage green from Chocolate Fish (http://www.chocolatefishmerino.co.uk/)

The previous set gave me years of constant wear, and I pretty much live in them from around the end of September until early April. Which means year round I never have to wear heavy trousers. If you like merino and are not already familiar with Chocolate Fish I can thoroughly recommend both the family owners and these great garments (I have no affiliation whatsoever). In my opinion it's the best merino at prices around one third less than most other brands.

Then I bought various socks including, Perilla alpaca walk & climb socks, 1000mile, and Smartwool.

Lastly I purchased a gold membership for BushcraftUK.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Arrived this afternoon: one british Army Arctic Sleeping bag, XL, and an army OD bivvy bag. Monsters! I'd forgotten how bloody heavy that sleeping bag was - been twenty years since I lugged one around. Still, I am chuffed as heck, and my kit-list for my autumn sojourn in the woods is now complete. How I'm going to carry it all in a 45 sabre is a whole other bag of frogs...

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Just got me a 37 patt small pack in the post today. Now its in a bucket of water soaking to get the blanco out.

Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE