What book are you reading at the moment?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As the title says...what book are you reading at the moment?

For me it's Bullock Creek by Barry Crump. I've read a couple other books by him and they're enjoyable books with little snippets of bushcrafting in them.

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
Just finished "nessmuks" woodcraft and camping yesterday, enjoyable easy classic . Started to read " cache lake" for the umpteenth time, superb!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ring of Bright Water trilogy by Gavin Maxwell - the true story of a man living without modern convenience but with otters :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Started to read "Finding Your Way without Map or Compass" by Harold Gatty this week but I had to break off from it. It looks like it will be a useful read.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Currently reading "Otherland" by Tad Williams. It's hard going, normall I fly through books faster than a vindaloo goes through my gut, but htis is taking me a while,

Cheers,

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson, about how eating a hunter gatherer diet and appropriate exercise ( surprisingly little of it ) is far better for health than guidelines conventional wisdom generally dictates. I'm not a health expert, but I feel and look healthier following the advice given in the book.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Same as Chris, The Natural Navigator by Tristan Gooley. (though it seems a bit slow - the introduction felt about 1/4 of the book.....

.......... also oddly enough Reds book, Ring of bright water, was (kinda - was the film adaptation to be fair) brought up in conversation last night by the bloke trying to flog us double glazing! - how spooky is that!?!?! :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE