what are you making for people this Christmas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've not really thought about making stuff this year but usually I do, we're building an extension so that's occupying my time, maybe wooden flooring will count? :D

But I am interested in anything that you're making for someone this year, that personal touch that's so special about hand made bespoke items. So, if you're making something, are planning on (better hurry up!) or have already made something let us have a look.

Thanks
T

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yeh, I've been making :) - it's been good to have a focus on the projects though I haven't got as much done as I planned.

Some belt loops and a keyring as 'stocking fillers'

belt loops.jpg

A few leather notebook covers - this one for a nephew into archaeology

notebook cover.jpg

An oak spirit-tasting board (and the spirit of course)

spirit tasting board.jpg

A couple of leather pouch firestarting kits with cherry handle ferro rods

fire starting kit.jpg

A 7" cooks knife

cook's knife.jpg

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I need to make my dad a spoon, and my mum needs a handle fitted to a reconditioned shovel!

In other news, I made my dad a little bedside tray, and have made a number of boxes for other people. My parents will get boxes at some point, but I wanted to practice on other people since I have some special wood with sentimental value to use for family projects.IMG_5077[1].JPGPBNH7979.JPG

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Have made a total of (now) 8 doorstoppers, rope work covered half gallon flagons.
The recipients just have to put the sand in themselves, I've done my bit by drinking all the contents.
Regards all
Ceeg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Your all busy as usual.

I haven't made as much as I do most years but did some preserves

Pontac sauce
Apple and redcurrant chutney
Mincemeat.

Given that good preserves cost about £5 a jar in the farmers market, its good that I can make my own

Edtwozeronine

Jan 18, 2020
Newport City
I've been building a new windmill garden ornament for my Grandpa (91), he built one that was in his garden for perhaps the best part of a decade but eventually the weather ruined it. So far the new tower shape is done, the new windmill blades or however you term them are done but the old wind rudder is still on it.

I've also helped him get his yearly train display up and running and fixed up the Noel, Joy and other poundland Christmas signs that light up on the faux mountainside.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE