What are you going to do in 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I was just thinking of the stuff I've listed for 2013, lots of getting out and enjoying the beaches, walking, camping, reviewing and practicing bushcraft, it got me wondering what you guys have planned when it comes to getting out, bushcraft etc

I think the biggest thing I want to do this year is make more things, oh and def make some wood sprites :D

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Got a trip planned to Galloway forest in march that I'm really excited about. I think my other objective this year to try and stay out at least once a month and try out some more crafty projects. Had a pile of leather in the shed ive not done anything with yet.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Buy a shed load of kit ... just because I want a kitroom :naughty:

Make it to the Moot.

Maybe an expedition to the jungle or desert (work depending though).

Operation LARA - there was a thread the other day about a walk through the Alps (starting at the German / Austrian border). I think I might fancy getting an ice cream in Italy. You know, just for fun ... out for a little stroll :p

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Well iv not got a whole year decinate plan, but the first few months I'm going on a winter bushcraft course, I'm going on my first backpacking trip overseas to Estonia in march. And hoping to have a trial run of that trip in feb.

But my aims throughout the year are-

Get some basic bushcraft skills to a tee so I have no problem lighting fires and sharpening knifes etc

Get out at least once a month

Lighten my pack load, hopefully new skills will help me to stop packing the kitchen sink ( although my latest kitchen sink is a lot lighter lol)

Shift a load of excess body weight and improve my general fitness, it was hard work getting up a mountain in Wales!!

Learn to see and make my own gear

It would be great to attend a more advanced class later in the year and try to get to a few more meets too!!

So I guess I have a fair few aims really!! Lol

All the best
Steve

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
More walking/wild camping and longer stays in the woods.

At Easter my son and I are planning a trip to Dharamsala in the Indian Himalayan foothills, home-in-exile of the Dalai Llama. He's been before; I haven't. So he will be in charge. Hopefully we'll get a bit of trekkiing in.

Last edited:
4 day paddle n camp down the Spey with Mrs Windy sans Chaos n Mayhem late April. :)

Assisting Leon Durbin from Wildwood Bushcraft with Survival Weekend course in the Trossachs mid April.

Gozo for two weeks with the whole Filterhoose clan in June, and hopefully the 'moot in August if we can take twins out of school. Yip ours go back quite early.

It's gonnae be a busy year.

Woohoo

Windy

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have lots of craft projects left still to complete from last year.First one is to handle up my Dave Budd blade , then the kit I got for Christmas Brantub , 3 Svord peasant mods to complete , 1 axe to re-haft.
When I've done that i want to make a paddle for my canoe and get on another Woodsmoke course ; maybe bowmaking.
I want to learn new skills and get better at canoeing so I can go out more and sleep out too.So much to do I need to get well and fit again very soon!
If half of it comes off it will be a miracle! Oh and I need to rationalise the kitheap too ; I have way too much kit for someone with no spare time.
Cheers , Simon

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Off to the Arctic in 4 weeks, then Austria in March, Eastern Europe in July, Moot in August and Tenerife in September... After that I'm not sure

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My big plans (?) are to have a real holiday with my wife (the third in 30 plus years...) and plans are advanced for a couple of weeks in Orkney :)
That and the Moot plus as many weekends in the woods as possible just about cover it realy....

crucible

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2011
vancouver bc canada
Build a shed in my backyard that will be a man cave, as well as a ski tuning and waxing center, and an archery workshop- it'll have power, but I plan to heat it with a Camping Solutions woodstove that I got last year.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Cairngorms camp in a couple of weeks, hopefully to haul some sled about the place if theres snow.

2 weeks hammocking in the Arctic in February at the Jokkmokk meet.

Little camp with the guys before going to Estonia for a week at easter.

Spend the summer prepping for the winter play again-Alaska/Canada looking likely.

I want to further my climbing and sea kayak tuition this year too.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
run support car for mrs toilet diggers, c2c in a day.
continue the brainwashing of the eldest stepdaughter (hillwalking/climbing)
get a permenant job in the woods, instead of teaching others to do it.
do a couple of bushy courses.
OOH and get to the moot, leave early and bash out some mountains in wales (no offence :) )

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Get back to basics and start making things again. Learn a decent collection of small mammal traps (for theory) and get out as much as possible.

Learn seaweeds and their uses, expand permission/s and generally enjoy 2013 :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE