What an Amazing Photo!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
red...i cant believe youve forgotten....i havnt eaten since you posted those beans up....i've been saving myself....i've put 14 holes in my belt and now you tell me theyre all sauced up, ready and sitting there miles away from my plate?

:(

I could pour some in an envelope but I fear leaks.....

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lolol stew....

its also possible that its not a weasel....but a rabbit....and that would explain why it hasn't sunk its teeth in....but because the guy thought that no-one would believe the photograph was real if it was a rabbit flying a woodpecker he photoshopped in a weasel instead to give it credibility!

ta-da! the answer! truth at last!

ps....red....theyre not canned up? jarred?......oh this is pitiful.:p

It's possible that it's not used to being flown around! :D

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
ps....red....theyre not canned up? jarred?......oh this is pitiful.:p

Wasn't enough last year to justify it (I had to import the seed). I have fifty times as much seed this year :). I'm even growing the wheat for the bread....

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok ok....thats impressive but....i hope you'll be providing the butter, cheese and home made salad cream necessary for the perfect plate after keeping me waiting all this time.

i'm actually thinking about putting in a complaint about the service i'm getting here.....and forget the tip dude!

my belly button is touching my backbone!!!!:rolleyes:

Wasn't enough last year to justify it (I had to import the seed). I have fifty times as much seed this year :). I'm even growing the wheat for the bread....

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
ok ok....thats impressive but....i hope you'll be providing the butter, cheese and home made salad cream necessary for the perfect plate after keeping me waiting all this time.

i'm actually thinking about putting in a complaint about the service i'm getting here.....and forget the tip dude!

my belly button is touching my backbone!!!!:rolleyes:

Can't do sale cream. Mayonaise with fresh laid eggs from our chickens and home grown mustard, yes. Emulsified chemicals, no.

I love the idea that, having told me there is no tip, you want to eat food I will bring you. Do you do that in restaurants? :)

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can't be the only one who saw that photograph and thought of Wee Mad Arthur gone crawstepping over Howandaland :D

Wonder which of the two, woodpecker or weasel, got the bigger fright ?

Cracker of a photo to catch :D

M

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Can't do sale cream. Mayonaise with fresh laid eggs from our chickens and home grown mustard, yes. Emulsified chemicals, no.

I love the idea that, having told me there is no tip, you want to eat food I will bring you. Do you do that in restaurants? :)

Long ago I was told by a truckstop waitress that even if you get bad service (especially if you get bad service) you should still leave a tip. If you don't, they think either you're cheap or you forgot; but if you leave exactly one penny they get the message.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hmmmmmmmmmm.....maybe i spoke too soon yup....they also say you should never insult your waiter until after the food has arrived....else you dont know what the cook has put in ya grub....i'll probably now get beans in a cow poop sauce:(

what i meant was....in your own time red, youre a lovely guy, theres no hurry, i'll be happy whatever. red for president!!!

lol

s

Long ago I was told by a truckstop waitress that even if you get bad service (especially if you get bad service) you should still leave a tip. If you don't, they think either you're cheap or you forgot; but if you leave exactly one penny they get the message.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I can't be the only one who saw that photograph and thought of Wee Mad Arthur gone crawstepping over Howandaland :D

Wonder which of the two, woodpecker or weasel, got the bigger fright ?

Cracker of a photo to catch :D

M
Bog jobs!:eek:
weemadsepia-1a.gif

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Weasel or Rabbit, it doesn't really matter, when the world seems to fall away under your feet just hang on and try to keep your pecker up, would be my advice...

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Call me cynical if you like but I have serious doubts on the validity of the photo, I've seen several weasels in the wild and watched one work the bank of a small stream but I have never seen one climbing trees. I have seen woodpeckers watched them hammer dead trees usually near the top.

The photo itself would have had to be taken in a split second of the observer seeing the woodpecker, and I am very suspicious of the shallow focus being exactly on the fast moving subject, so precise that the background is totally blurred.

Sorry but I just don't buy it, amazing what can be achieved by photo editing software.

And amazing what can be achieved by a photographer with his wits about him.

It's a lot easier to get a good picture in camera than to create a plausible composite in PhotoShop. You just have to be there.

I do wish people would stop equating PhotoShop with Magic...

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Green woodpeckers hunt for food on the ground, so would be vulnerable to a weasel as described.

Indeed they do hunt for food on the ground, and they arent as cautious as a sparrow hawk or kestrel, no surprise that one was had. I see them a lot in my front garden here in Suffolk, most recently just a few days ago. First time I saw one of these I thought someones parrot had escaped. They look fantastic with their red mohican's. They love to stick their impressively fiersome beaks right down into the grass and moss to suck out ants and other insects. My lawn is nothing flash, very shabby and patchy probaly 1/3 grass 2/3 moss.....I know where they have "been" because theres like a crater of shredded moss.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE