What an Amazing Photo!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
At the risk of going into Chris Packham mode I do wish he'd held off the shutter button a second longer so they were against an uncomplicated leaf-green background and not crossing the tree trunk.

Perhaps though he is forgiven for failing to consider the compositional nicities??

I love to hear and see a loloping Laughing Betsy.

K

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I would need to see more photographs of the events for it to be believable to me.

if his camera was good enough to take a perfectly focused fleeting event surely he would have taken more than one frame, even when the bird supposedly landed etc etc.

Just one unbelievable fame - sorry but NO it is unbelievable.

It's not perfectly focussed though. ;)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Green woodpeckers feed on the ground a lot, and weasels are impressive hunters. However what grabbed my attention is that weasels often kill by biting at the neck of prey, however despite being in the perfect position to kill the bird the weasel doesn’t appear to be making any attempt to do so, it appears to be just clinging on and looking away to the side of the bird instead of sinking it’s teeth into the birds neck which it could easily do in the position it’s in.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
thats probably because its carping itself at the imminent plummet to earth and resulting splat....it may be a nutter but i bet its not stupid....

Green woodpeckers feed on the ground a lot, and weasels are impressive hunters. However what grabbed my attention is that weasels often kill by biting at the neck of prey, however despite being in the perfect position to kill the bird the weasel doesn’t appear to be making any attempt to do so, it appears to be just clinging on and looking away to the side of the bird instead of sinking it’s teeth into the birds neck which it could easily do in the position it’s in.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

It's possible that it's not used to being flown around! :D

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
thats probably because its carping itself at the imminent plummet to earth and resulting splat....it may be a nutter but i bet its not stupid....

It's possible that it's not used to being flown around! :D

but then holding on with teeth as well would be more secure than using feet only, i can't help think the first thing the weasel would do is instinctively sink it's teeth in to the birds neck.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
but then holding on with teeth as well would be more secure than using feet only, i can't help think the first thing the weasel would do is instinctively sink it's teeth in to the birds neck.

Who knows - maybe we need to ask the weasel. ;)

I also like the fact that you think the weasel should be hinking logically about the most secure hold. :D

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Who knows - maybe we need to ask the weasel. ;)

I also like the fact that you think the weasel should be hinking logically about the most secure hold. :D

that's my whole point, i doubt if a weasel has the capacity to think logically at all and would always act instinctively, and the first instinct is to kill their prey at the first chance they get, just odd the weasel in pic has not done that :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE