What a lovely experience!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to the forum and share such a lovely experience I had recently. Having got married at the end of July my wife and I went camping at Shell Island. This was the first time we had been there. I had a fresh out the bag DD tarp 4.5 x 3. I have never put a tarp up and it was starting to show. A very kind chap came over and asked if we needed a hand to which my wife immediately said “he does”. He showed me some great knots and helped erect the tarp. Sadly my poor memory is letting me down and I cannot remember his name. He was from near Liverpool and uses hamocks, hence his knowledge with tarps and knots. We got chatting and I told him we were on honey to which he congratulated us both. After chatting for a while he left us to it with a nice tarp to enjoy alongside our tent. We both grateful for his help and decided we want to give him a bottle of wine to say thank you. I made my way over and gave him the wine to which he said “how ironic I was just on my way to give you both this”. He had gone a brought a bottle of bubbly to give us to say congratulations on our wedding. He came over with his wife and two of his children to present to my wife as well. We were so moved by this kind act of generosity and such thoughtfulness, in fact we were gobsmacked! They left the following day and whilst we were away at the beach we returned to find they had left us a parting gift of spare guide lines for the tarp. So if you happen to be this lovely chap thank you again from us both, it was one of the high lights of our honeymoon that made this camping trip so memorable. :D

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Thats quality mate. Nice to see some good folk out there. In my experience you only meet good people when camping. Welcome to the forum

Congrats on the wedding. Enjoy the early years lol :D

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hello and welcome to the forum..........you'll find good people in abundance amongst the residents of this parish......................................atb mac

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice one :)

Shell Island is a good site and ideally situated if you want to tour Snowdonia. Did you get into Llanbedr and have a pint in the Vic or the Ty Mawr Hotel?

Last edited:

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
It is a great location beautiful scenery, its all about finding a decent spot without too many people around you. It is a very busy place, an air ambulance came twice in 2 days. We did not go far just around the beach area. Are they worth checking out then?

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Congratulations and welcome!

It is heartening when you hear tales of spontaneous kindness and generosity; thanks for sharing a nice little tale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE