West Mdlands Meet - Summer'08

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
EDIT: Added to that is the wood store which contains the log seats is now inaccessible :( . I know that the site was after a spare key from the 'owners' but I'll not hold my breath :deal:

I'll bring a key if you wont get in trouble for it being open whilst we are there?
Think I'll bring a foldy chair though, logs are fine for a while but get a bit annoying

May 2, 2008
Coventry
Shooting List:

Note.

I need reasonably accurate numbers for those who want to shoot on the ranges as I need to pre-book the sessions.

Mesquite (+ 2 extra) - Archery and Air rifle (Mesquite - is this a possible 3 shooting for rifle, for bow or for rifle and bow?)
maverick - Archery and air rifle.
Bootstrap Bob - Archery.
Wallenstein - rifles.
WhichDoctor - Archery and Air rifle.
Xylaria + tribe - Archery and air rifle (As far as I'm aware the only limit is that all shooters can hold and aim in a safe manner - Mini'mrX is certainly tall enough for both ranges).
decorum - both - if needed to make up numbers.
Thunderbeard - Archery

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'll bring a key if you wont get in trouble for it being open whilst we are there?

Nice offer - but we (and the site) need to be on the 'up and up'. I know that the site want a spare key and they're looking to get one - the fact that we use the site on a fairly regular basis, show respect and put the logs back without being asked should give the site a bit of help in the matter.

I've tidied the shooting list to take out the extraneous/answered bits.

Shooting List:

Note.

I need reasonably accurate numbers for those who want to shoot on the ranges as I need to pre-book the sessions.

Mesquite (+ 2 extra) - Archery and Air rifle
Bootstrap Bob - Archery.
Wallenstein - rifles.
Xylaria + tribe - Archery and air rifle.
Thunderbeard - Archery

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

Last few days before I book the sessions. After this time you might need someone to drop out if you want to shoot on either range - so get in soon if you want to have a go at 'twangy sticks' or 'shooting sticks'.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Bootstrap Bob - Archery.
Wallenstein - rifles.
Thunderbeard - Archery
Andy2112 - Archery

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Andy,

I've added you to the Meet list.

Meet list:

decorum + poss 1 extra - ground dwelling for this one.
Mesquite + 2 extra - Tarp.
maverick - hammock.
Bootstrap Bob - tarp and bivvi,
Wallenstein - tent.
Scrumpy - Scrumpy jr - Hammocks.
Woodstock + Mrs Woodstock + tent and -hammock.
T1tch - hammock.
Cobweb+Bramble+2 (if possible/real life allowing - confirm once date is set).
Wayland - Hammock + Mega tarp again.
Bodge + 2 or 3 or 4 - tents hammocks and tarps and kitchen sinks.
corr - tarp - hope so.
PJMcBear - Hammock.
WhichDoctor - Tent.
Dingo + 2 hammock & tent.
EEM tent (one night) -
Thunderbeard - Hammock.
shaggystu + 1 - tarp and bivvis
Xylaria + tribe (2 adults+2children in all)

Shooting list:

Bootstrap Bob - Archery.
Wallenstein - rifles.
Thunderbeard - Archery
Andy2112 - Archery

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Cheers Decorum,

I have already added my name but it appears to have gone astray.

it will be me and one other in tents and a possible third.

Will you be posting more details nearer the date as to when the gates are open/ parking etc ?

thanks

Andy

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Will you be posting more details nearer the date as to when the gates are open/ parking etc ?

The car park is by the Archery Range in the bottom left corner of the site pic.

lg_RCMap2.jpg

You've put yourself down for the archery - is this for just you or your +1 (poss2) as well?

Arrival time??? Nominally about 5 pm-ish. If anyone wants or needs to arrive earlier I need to know so I can make sure that someone's available to unlock the lower gates. Added to this is the day visit fee (up to 3 Hours - £1.10 & up to 6 Hours - £2.20) which is on top of the £3.60 per person per night.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Arrival time??? Nominally about 5 pm-ish. If anyone wants or needs to arrive earlier I need to know so I can make sure that someone's available to unlock the lower gates. Added to this is the day visit fee (up to 3 Hours - £1.10 & up to 6 Hours - £2.20) which is on top of the £3.60 per person per night.

I was hoping to get there around 3-3:30pm if that's ok Decorum. Also, will we be able to drive down to the Wheatley field as before to drop our gear off before parking up in the main carpark?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I was hoping to get there around 3-3:30pm ......

Shouldn't be a problem - but I'll check & let you know. You might incur the 3 hour (per person) rate though.

...... will we be able to drive down to the Wheatley field as before to drop our gear off before parking up in the main carpark?

This is another 'I'll have to check .... '. There are two tracks down to the pitch - and one is usually a tad .... boggy - I don't think there will be a problem though (No promises :deal: ).

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I was hoping to get there around 3-3:30pm if that's ok Decorum. Also, will we be able to drive down to the Wheatley field as before to drop our gear off before parking up in the main carpark?

I was hoping to get there about the same time in order to get setup and start the fire going for those who have to travel much greater distances just let us know if we owe anything extra

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I thought I had posted interest in this thread
(from post #21 of this thread) You posted interest in this Meet in the last Meets' thread :D

I'm sure i had my name down for this meet!

Post# 21 of this thread - the date hadn't been agreed at the time and you weren't sure you could make it.

What were the dates again?

I've had a bad day and that's just given me a chuckle - look a bit more closely at some of my posts (Hint: closely observe the title lines :lmao: )

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
The car park is by the Archery Range in the bottom left corner of the site pic.

lg_RCMap2.jpg

You've put yourself down for the archery - is this for just you or your +1 (poss2) as well?

Decorum,

Thanks, it's me and one other, 2 tents and 2 for the archery and air rifles please.

May sound a silly question but i've never done archery before and i was wandering if the bows are left or right handed ? I would have to use the bow with a left handed stance.

Andy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
May sound a silly question but i've never done archery before and i was wandering if the bows are left or right handed ? I would have to use the bow with a left handed stance.

They cater for both right and left handers on the archery. I was watching the safety briefing for one group and the instructor asks that question of everyone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE