FIRES at Summer BushMoot 2022

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HeatherS

Apr 22, 2012
Horwich
Anyone got any tips on Dutch oven cooking without an open fire? I’ve got a campingaz gas stove as alternative heat source, but never tried proper cooking on it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
So we can still use fire pits, just not burning wood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bbqs etc are allowed. the Landowner has banned open fires including fires in raised pits. So make sure you have a back up method of cooking as the rules are being set by the landowner not BCUK.

Pop over to the Forestknights camp If you want some advice on cooking etc with fire and Dutch ovens.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
just to add to what Wayne's said i sent this email out.

This email is to let you know that at the moment fires are allowed. We still need you to have them raised off the ground but having fires is all good.

This may change as the event progresses and the estate will inform us as and when new restrictions may be needed.

So, for those that have yet to arrive be prepared for fires if you want them, but also be mindful that this might change again.

Thanks for your understanding
Tony

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE