FIRES at Summer BushMoot 2022

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We've received a further update regarding open fires in the area.

PLEASE NOTE - We are not allowed any open fires on site until informed otherwise by the estate that owns the campsite.

Due to the extremely dry conditions in the area there is a serious fire risk and the ban on fires imposed. Please bring an alternative means of cooking food such as a gas stove.

Hopefully we will have plenty of rain and all will be well, it's Wales so there's a good chance!

Thanks for your understanding and your prayers for rain :D

Tony

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I would say yes it includes woodturning stoves and no to BBQ's but I'd expect them to be well attended and looked after and a water bucket available to put everything out.

There's not going to be any firewood available unless the ban is lifted so in theory there's no fuel for wood stoves as we're only allowed to burn wood supplied by the estate.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I would say yes it includes woodturning stoves and no to BBQ's but I'd expect them to be well attended and looked after and a water bucket available to put everything out.

There's not going to be any firewood available unless the ban is lifted so in theory there's no fuel for wood stoves as we're only allowed to burn wood supplied by the estate.
Ok, Good to know. I'll pack a couple of extra gas cannisters, and leave the firebox.

It's going to make it difficult for Hermione to make S'Mores though, she's not going to be happy.... :D

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Ok, Good to know. I'll pack a couple of extra gas cannisters, and leave the firebox.

It's going to make it difficult for Hermione to make S'Mores though, she's not going to be happy.... :D

I was going to be doing a few cooking workshops. Oh well it’s understandable. Plenty of pine on sand it’s going to be pretty dry.
forecast is for rain on Sunday at Bridgend but it will need to be. A lot of rain.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ok... I better grab a couple bags of charcoal
forecast is for rain on Sunday at Bridgend but it will need to be. A lot of rain.
Sadly the longer range forecast doesnt look too promising :(

Oh well, better grab a couple bags of charcoal

1658473743282.png

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I guess I'll have to make sure there is space in my van for plenty of charcoal then! :D Just as well I emptied the kiln today

I can't believe it will stay dry in Wales for that long
Can John and I reserve a bag of charcoal from you please Dave

As for the rain, it'll probably pi$$ down on the last day when we're packing up :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
I guess I'll have to make sure there is space in my van for plenty of charcoal then! :D Just as well I emptied the kiln today

I can't believe it will stay dry in Wales for that long
It wont Dave. Thunderstorms expected for the Sunday so get down to the dunes early on in the moot. Looking pretty overcast here now at the moment.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks like it'll be a wet set up on arrival on Monday. Light rain starting tonight right through to 4'ish on the Monday. Sadly I doubt it'll be enough to lift the fire ban :(

1658598578965.png

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE