West and South yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Hi all I have just posted a little query in the bushcraft chatter section and one kind member directed me here!!
Anyway i was just wondering if anyone knew of a bushcraft type meetup group in south or west yorkshire??
I thought it would be great if there were giving bushcrafters in this region the chance to meet, swap knowledge tip etc learning and networking at the same time.. perhaps arranging trips and workshops etc!! its just a thought but if there isnt one and anyone would like to be part of such a group perhaps myself and someone else local could start one.
i am far from a highly experienced bushcraft expert but I have a great deal of experience in group running due to the fact i have been the chairman of a paranormal research group for over ten years!! any views welcome

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
where are we talking more specifically? I'm in manchester and am looking to start something similar but dont have any experience just the exuberence of youth lol

Dave

M

M86ney

Im in leeds and would be up for this. would be nice to meet like minded people and learn some new skills.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
thanks for your responses guys have sent pms to all of you.
I think it would be great if we set up a group if we could get people in to do talks for us
people with particular skills such as bushcraft medicine, food prep, basketry, bowmaking, or any other bushcraft related speciality.
net making all those sort of thing.
any offers!!!

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Perhaps bushcraft and survival isnt as big in our area as I thought it may be!! c.mon guys lets have a bit more enthusiasm??? I do have the chance of getting some land and a place for indoor meetings with nice cask ale!! and a warm atmosphere but we need a bit more get up and go!!!

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
I,m in Ponte so mid placed for south and west yorkshire,

i,d be very interested in joining in the fun and learning.

keep me posted please fellas, either here in the open or by PM,

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
To all the most recent posters ie after my last addition to this thread the responce is excellent thanks so much!! t look like we are goint to be able to get this thing up and running sooner than I thought!!!
just wanted to ask is there anyone who is versed in the arts of first aid in the bushcraft type enviroment?? and if so could you do a little talk or demo etc when this group is up and running!! also anyone with any particular skills they may be able to demo for us!!!
again just got to say thanks to all who have replied and shown interest..
I will get this up and running asap cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE