well ive gone and done it

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

skog

Forager
Aug 9, 2011
wicken
Well chaps/chapesses whilst sat a fortnight ago at work bored to to tears I finally decided enough was enough and to change my direction.

Now dont get me wrong im grateful for the job I have and it pays fairly well and tbf the company really looks after thier staff. But its something I fell into to pay the bills after leaving the military and that has been the over riding factor in my employment since.

But I have an itching ( not that kind:cool:) to be doing something else preferably out doorsy / naturish ( excuse the wenglish) and there is only one way to do that and its back to school.

So last week I applied to Leicester uni for thier hnc in global ecology and wildlife conservation and got the paperwork through this morning saying ive been accepted so im buzzing right now and cant wait to start...

Stay safe all

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Congrats and I hope it works out for you, I found my degree in conservation and woodland management very interesting, but sadly the job opportunities very slim

skog

Forager
Aug 9, 2011
wicken
Ok thanks for all the kind words guys.

Now in bit of a dilemma tho.

3 years ago I applied for a position of trainee train driver and passed all the tests but told at the end well done but all vacancies have been filled. So heard nothing more and put it out of my head.

Cue yesterday and an unknow number ringing my mobile. Now dont normally answer unknown numbers but something said pick it up.

Long story short subject to a medical they want me to start in November. Now after training the financial jump to where I am now would be almost rockstar but was duecto start my hnc in October.

Dont you love the way life throws these decisions and pathways at you. Not the first time this has happened.

What would you do

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ok thanks for all the kind words guys.

Now in bit of a dilemma tho.

3 years ago I applied for a position of trainee train driver and passed all the tests but told at the end well done but all vacancies have been filled. So heard nothing more and put it out of my head.

Cue yesterday and an unknow number ringing my mobile. Now dont normally answer unknown numbers but something said pick it up.

Long story short subject to a medical they want me to start in November. Now after training the financial jump to where I am now would be almost rockstar but was duecto start my hnc in October.

Dont you love the way life throws these decisions and pathways at you. Not the first time this has happened.

What would you do

Tram Driver! Boyhood Dream Job!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Cheers
Steve

Exactly! A chance to be a railroad engineer!? I could never pass that up.

skog

Forager
Aug 9, 2011
wicken
Best job ever took about 18 months all told to qualify back in may. Anyone fancy a career change let me know i know of one company recruiting atm and no previous qualifications needed and no upper age limit.

Heres to the next steps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE