Hundredth post! And a big thank you.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Just noticed that this will be my hunredth post, I know its nothing special to be proud of looking at how many of you are well into the thousands. I always said that I wouldnt join any internet forums (as I always thought they were for sad lonely people who didnt get out much) and then I found BCUK, it did take me a couple of months of looking at before I took the plunge and joined and now I just cant keep away! So that is why my hundredth post is special to me as I never thought Id make any posts in the first place, Im still going to stay away from facebook though as that isnt my cup of tea!

I would just like to say thank you to everyone here, Ive found you all friendly, helpful and full of advice when asked, not to mention hilarious at times (ex member eagle owl for example). Thats enough slushiness from me! :eek:

Only downsides are the amount of time I spend looking on here at work (shhh dont tell the boss!) and the amount of money Ive spent on kit from other peoples recommendations!!!!

Im proud to be a member of such a fantastic community and will be for many years to come also hoping to make it to a moot at some point so I can actually meet some of you and prove you actually exist and arent myths like that John Fenna bloke that someone clearly made up. :D

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
It's a great bunch on here.

I've met like minded folk at meets up here and in Englandshire and it's as if we've known each other for years.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I'm just posting on here to find out how many posts I've made. Like you I first posted on a forum after a year of lurking. It was another one which was closer to where I have come from (walking and backpacking not bushcraft like a lot of what goes on here). I have been on that for about 5 or 6 years. I have been on here for a while now too. I was lurking for longer as I didn't really view myself as a bushcrafter. I have been re-educated in that interest in things outdoors is really part of what bushcraft is about. Anyway posts tarted with a trickle. Then with confidence it became a flood. Now I am probably into 4 figures. BTW Should I have given a prize competition or something at 1000 posts? I read someone doing that. What would a good prize be? I'm not a maker of anything really. Perhaps a wooden spoon? My first one ever!!?

Wait till you do your first thread? Assuming you haven't already of course. Its usually one asking for advice on something and you usually end up getting that much needed advice and then some!! Some very knowledgeable people on here (and some waffling duffers like me too).

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Wait till you do your first thread? Assuming you haven't already of course. Its usually one asking for advice on something and you usually end up getting that much needed advice and then some!! Some very knowledgeable people on here (and some waffling duffers like me too).

Already done a few of those asking for advice on various things, always get the help I was after. What a great place to be. :D

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
One thing, what is a full member? Is it where you pay a small annual fee to get some more benefits and what are the benefits if that's the case?

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
One thing, what is a full member? Is it where you pay a small annual fee to get some more benefits and what are the benefits if that's the case?

It is £15 a year. I got a badge. Theres discounts at a list of shops, a full members area, group buys for savings and lots of other stuff I havent found yet. Probably best if a longer standing member answers that one though. :eek:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Im proud to be a member of such a fantastic community and will be for many years to come also hoping to make it to a moot at some point so I can actually meet some of you and prove you actually exist and arent myths like that John Fenna bloke that someone clearly made up. :D
I am real!
See me at the moot if you want proof - buy something off me by cheque made out to me and see if it gets cashed or not!:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE