Weather report for 2009 :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Did anyone catch the One show today? They had this guy on who has spent the last 60 years rsearching the weather. He spends roughly 2 hours a day compiling his results and works "about 80 hours" compiling data for long forecasts. He was very scientific and intelligent, and , unfortunately rather accurate.
He reckoned our summer temperatures in the north west could be calculated using the rainfall from December to February , he says its "not looking good" and predicts a summer much like last years - Nice in May and June, downpours in July / August.
As for winter next year, he thinks it will THE COLDEST SINCE 1964!!
aw :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: Not so good :sigh:
I remember that one, my Great Aunt in Canada sent over duck down padded all in one ski suits for me and my little brother. :D

cheers,
Toddy

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Bound for Southern Portugal in June. Keep your eye on classified adds...bottled sunshine will be available as individual or bulk purchases...:D :D :D

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
out of interest you didn't catch his name did you? My old physics teacher from school was very interested in met... spends hours doing it every day and sometimes ends up on the radio (Radio Wales) because of it. Would be cool if it's the same guy... white hair, beard...

oh and "As for winter next year, he thinks it will THE COLDEST SINCE 1964!!" - whooop! :D:D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I agree, I dont mind a bad winter so long as its a good summer. Infact I dont mind the cold, just the damp miserable rainy winters.

I didnt catch his name, he was in his 80`s though, I think he worked in the military for years, and probably had aspergers being that he was buff on several subjects that involved listing and compiling data.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE