Weather Forecasts for the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Well the long range forecasts are starting to come in now and they look a little soggy.
Raining.gif

Add that to the location and it looks like another fine Welsh week ahead.
1995.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know I was just fretting about that very thing.........and I haven't gotten my tent reproofed :(
I think I'm taking a spare tarp.

atb,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Stephen :)
Yeah the chute's going........tempted to see if we could borrow the Ayrshire Mafia's bigger one though if the weather's going to be bad.
I love the company, meeting folks, seeing folks do things, make things, teach, chilling out, but it's a loooong way to go. I've had a viral throat infection that's laid me low for weeks now, so everything's already at sixes and sevens :eek:

Ach, it'll be fun :D and the weather won't be wet all the time. That said, the newts are climbing the walls around here, literally, with all this torrential rain :rolleyes:

cheers,
Mary

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Too far off to worry, I'm sure it'll still be welsh weather though, unless they move the moot.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It might rain but it's a brilliant site that drains very very well. the forecast is changing daily so i'm not really going to take much notice until early next week. Even in the worst weather we've never had a problem there, although the track can get muddy.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
last year a few kind folk helped me to pack my stall away after the previous day's drenching. By the time we had got it packed and the car loaded, it was too late to travel home so I stayed one more night. Was nearly lunchtime when I left, on a gloriously hot and sunny day. If I'd left the tent up over night I expect it would've been dry by lunchtime :rolleyes:

the rain shouldn't put people off too much, we should all be used to it by now :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just heard the Wales Today forcast - dry, sunny, settled - for the end of July and most of August!

I know which forcast I prefer....but I also know which I will prepare for!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE