We are all individuals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wilekayote

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
sydney
How many of these do you own: Laplander saw, Crusader cup, granfors axe, LK35 rucksack, sabre 45, frosts mora knife, swiss army knife, woodlore knife, swedish military trangia

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
wilekayote said:
How many of these do you own: Laplander saw, Crusader cup, granfors axe, LK35 rucksack, sabre 45, frosts mora knife, swiss army knife, woodlore knife, swedish military trangia

I own a Gransfors and a mora. Made my own billycan, and I use a bucksaw. All carried in a Highlander 99L.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Little really.

Laplander Saw, Crusader cup (soon to get rid of that as I don't use it), Swedish Army Axe, Highlander Forces rucsacs (33,55,99), Frosts Mora Knife, Swiss Army Knives, Stuart Mitchell bushcrafter, home made stove (amongst others).

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
wilekayote said:
Laplander saw, Gransfors SFA & Sak for me :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've got a couple of those, the Laplander and the Army Trangia, but the rest doesn't do it for me.

I don't think you can really count the SAK as there are so many different types they say nothing at all about individuality or conformity.

I tend to take the attitude that if I'm going to carry something 40 miles it had better be worth carrying. I think many of us end up with the same bits and peices, such as zebra billies which you left off the list, because we find them difficult to improve upon. That doesn't stop us adapting them for our own purposes.

Wayland-Stove.jpg

Incidentally, I wouldn't carry the army trangia anywhere because it's too heavy, but it's a good bit of kit to leave in the vehicle for impromptu stop overs.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm not! ;)

OK, I have the laplander saw, the crusader mug & cooker, the Sabre 45 and a Gransfors. In my defense, I had the laplander long before I realised they were popular...

So what? It's all good kit!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Laplander saw - Yep
Crusader cup - Nope
granfors axe - Scandi forest axe & Wildlife hatchet
LK35 rucksack - Nope
sabre 45 - Nope
frosts mora knife - Nope
swiss army knife - Nope
woodlore knife - Yep
swedish military trangia - Yep

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
wilekayote said:

Crusader cup;gransfors axe;mora and mora 2000;SAKs;BFK;trangias 1 military 1 civilian.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
scanker said:
Little really.

Laplander Saw, Crusader cup (soon to get rid of that as I don't use it), Swedish Army Axe, Highlander Forces rucsacs (33,55,99), Frosts Mora Knife, Swiss Army Knives, Stuart Mitchell bushcrafter, home made stove (amongst others).

Neil you have PM....Stu

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'll decline to list in case swimbo sees this thread! :lmao:

seriously though I have more or less everyting on the inital list and more! (often 3 or 4 of some items:eek: ) I don't use it all regularly and go through phases as to what I carry and it all depends on what i'm doing

anyway the thread title reminds me of my favourite 'demotivational poster' -

http://www.despair.com/individuality.html

makes me smile every time I think of it! :D

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
wilekayote said:

Laplander saw - Yep
Crusader cup - No
granfors axe - Had one, got broken, needs a new bit o' Hickory
LK35 rucksack - No
sabre 45 - No
frosts mora knife - Yep
swiss army knife - Yep
woodlore knife - Yep
swedish military trangia - I had one, sure where its got to.

Quite a few yeps there:theyareon

All excellent kit.

Why do you ask?

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Laplander saw - Yes, but replaced the blade coz they are pants.
Crusader cup - Nope
granfors axe - Yes - Small forest axe
LK35 rucksack - Nope
sabre 45 - Nope
frosts mora knife - Nope
swiss army knife - Nope
woodlore knife - Nope
swedish military trangia - Nope

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
SAK and Laplander.

SAK was a gift and sits in my possibles pouch (cheers Graham). It rarely sees the light of day.

The Laplander I bought after breaking the cheap one in less than a month. Had it about 18 months now. Very sturdy for a folding saw.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE