We are all individuals

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
wilekayote said:
How many of these do you own:

Laplander saw Nope

Crusader cup Nope

granfors axe I don't own any woodland so don't have an axe either, well apart from the hatchet that lives in my carpenters toolbox that more often than not gets used as a wedge that the labourers won't throw away at work, I also have a Maul for splitting wood for the fire but have recently ripped out the fireplace to replace it with a woodburner, then not got one yet.
If I need to cut something at work I have more cutting tools than you could shake a stick at.
Most of them more precise than an axe.

LK35 rucksack Nope, think mines a Lowe Alpine

sabre 45 Huh?

frosts mora knife Got a Frosts knife but its one of the small carving ones with a two or so inch blade.

swiss army knife Although my first knife was a Swiss army Knife (mother bought it for me when I learned to read) I don't think I currently own one, my wife has a swiss champ though and keeps it in her handbag for cutting threads and all sorts of stuff.

woodlore knife Now you're getting silly, way too expensive.

swedish military trangia Yep, it lives under the seat in the van and cost a tenner from the local camping shop.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Laplander saw: no - got a cheapie version of some sort - found it clearing out a relatives garage.
Crusader cup: no
granfors axe: No - Got a small axe of uncertain origin - again picked up clearing the garage.
LK35 rucksack: No. Highlander Forces 88 and Forces Day
sabre 45: nope - got one of some sort in my survival kit
frosts mora knife: nope - but soon to.
swiss army knife: Yep
woodlore knife: how much??? ;-)
swedish military trangia: nope - use greeheat mini stoves

As I'm pretty new to bushcraft I'm using cheap and or scrounged kit. No one thing cost over £50. In fact I'm pretty reluctant to ever spend any more than £50 on any one thing as if I kill it in the outdoors I don't want to be cross at the expense of replacing it.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
How many of these do you own: Laplander saw, Crusader cup, granfors axe, LK35 rucksack, sabre 45, frosts mora knife, swiss army knife, woodlore knife, swedish military trangia

wilekayote

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
sydney
spamel said:
I just can't see the point in the thread, unless it is a pop at kit folk without actually saying anything and letting those who post condemn themselves as not being individuals. Not really much point to it otherwise.

The post was actually a mistake, I was just playing with the poll option, I've only just realised it actually went through. Anyway

Laplander saw - no
Crusader cup - yes
Granfors axe - nope
LK35 rucksack - yes
Sabre 45 - yes
Frosts mora knife - yes
Swiss army knife - yes
Woodlore knife - No
Swedish military trangia - yes

I didn;t really need the LK35, Crusader cup or trangia but they were so cheap and such good things written about them here I couldn't resist. So I guess maybe the post was reassuarance that I wasn;t the only one. Pretty happy with all of them except the trangia - its well made and great price but a bit bulky and slow to boil even compared with other meths options.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
locum76 said:
none of the above. i just make do and improvise.

I know for a fact you've got a Frost Mora. There's no use trying to hide it, you're one of us now! The clone army is swelling! ;) :D

Ever wonder what percentage of the population owns at least one pair of blue denim jeans?

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
wilekayote said:
How many of these do you own: Laplander saw, Crusader cup, granfors axe, LK35 rucksack, sabre 45, frosts mora knife, swiss army knife, woodlore knife, swedish military trangia

I own a couple of SAKs, Mora's and a homemade woodlorish knife. Iraised the grindlines on the woodlore and It's a great knife. i only need to make a sheath or have one made.

Michiel

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
gregorach said:
I know for a fact you've got a Frost Mora. There's no use trying to hide it, you're one of us now! The clone army is swelling! ;) :D

Ever wonder what percentage of the population owns at least one pair of blue denim jeans?
I don't horrible things!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE