Wayland's barrel knife!

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Reading through a thread on the edged tools section, I came accross this and saw Wayland's barrel knife!

Does anyone know where to get one of these?

I had one as a kid, given to me by my grandad but lost it whilst out and about! I would love to replace it if I could with something similar

any help would be much apreciated

Regards

Pignut

themac

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
Milton Keynes
Yeah when I took a look on ebay yesterday I felt the price was a little more than I would be looking to pay, still has a few days to go as well.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I really want to make one of these i'm going to do some drwaing shortly and try and figure out how to make it. I'm hopeing to have a good look at waylands when he comes to the full memeber meet at the end of the month but i dont hold up much hope of having one made before september.

I cant get to ebay at work how much are they going for ?

James

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
bout £60 - £70

let me know how you get on!

Got some lovely cherry and birch birl small enough for the handles

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Pignut said:
I had one as a kid, given to me by my grandad but lost it whilst out and about! I would love to replace it if I could with something similar

Yeah I had one given to me by my dad. I suspect he was given it by his father too.

I loved that knife but some scumbag stole it from me while I was at college.

I never thought I'd get another until I saw them on Ebay.

I put bids in for loads but never got anywhere near them until I put in a crazy bid on the one I got in the end. I still track the prices and they seem consistantly high (£40-100).

It may seem a lot of money but if you've ever owned one of these knives there's no going back. they are just so nice.

There is a French chap making new ones I found out on BB but they are even more expensive and I don't think they are as good.

I did get a smaller one from Ebay but the catch needs attention so I'll probably put it back on Ebay to make my money back. I'll bring both of them to the Full members meet for people to see first though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE