Paul Kirtley Woodlore Instructor knife video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
New video from Paul Kirtley talking about the Woodlore Instructor’s knife he has.

Would love to own a normal woodlore one day, if I can ever justify the spend, though I think the Instructor’s knife seems like something one should earn.

Paul’s seeming a bit happier in these last few videos, lovely to see him back on YT again.

Reactions: Crowe and CLEM

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
What was wrong with him? I kinda went off him for a long time because he was a bit dull for me. Nothing against him, its just I couldn't get through his long Q&A videos.

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
There's no doubting he's an excellent, thorough instructor and bushcrafter but, when in front of the camera, his delivery is a bit dull and repetitive. Of late, though, he seems to have found some of the necessary performance 'energy', which improves matters significantly.

Reactions: Chris

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
Getting back to his instructors knife, it's reassuring to see him still using it. He has always avoided issues of 'what kit?', almost to a fault, but has still gone on to develop his own - the PK1. I wonder which he prefers: the rare Alan Wood one or his Raven Armoury creation? To my mind, they're both too thick but it'd be interesting to get Paul's take on which he likes more...

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
He got a bit crusty sometimes about being asked what is the best knife 1000s of times. As he has said in the past, indigenous peoples use whatever they can get hold of. Joe Flowers talks about South American tribes using machetes for everything and at the other end of the size range Felix Immler uses a SAK for everything.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE