Waterproof Pants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Machiavelli

May 21, 2009
Good Ole' Lancashire
I'm sick of having wet legs at the end of the trail! I have been meaning to buy some waterproof pants for ages, but have never got round to it. Anyone got any recommendations?

(Could a mod move this to kit chatter please?)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I'm sick of having wet legs at the end of the trail! I have been meaning to buy some waterproof pants for ages, but have never got round to it. Anyone got any recommendations?

(Could a mod move this to kit chatter please?)

About £20 with a lining and breathable, regularly proofed and you should be ok with most makes. Colour and optional zips around the ankles are up to you. Ive had a fair few pairs and all have worked fine if looked after.:)

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Picked up some plain green gortex ( german army ) brand new from The Bunker in Leyland today they had loads of different styles and types in may be worth a look

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Ventile trousers ?, never had any, but could be a good option. I tend though, to wash my walking trousers in a nikwax product, which makes them water resistant.

I also have a pair of gortex over trousers(berghaus) that were issued to me, a couple of years ago, but have never worn them.

Rob

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Before they, ahem cough, shrunk, I had a pair of Fjallraven Forestors.

In Winter I used to wax them up with the Greenland wax and they always kept me dry whilst in the woods. Fantastic trousers,well worth the money IMHO.

Simon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Picked up some plain green gortex ( german army ) brand new from The Bunker in Leyland today they had loads of different styles and types in may be worth a look

Did these have the bib and braces Steve ? I've been after a pair without for paddling.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Waterproof pants?

I've never seen them on people over three years old.

I've seen a few wearing waterproof trousers though.

Red

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Aldi sometimes have some nice proofed trousers for around £10. They're more for the winter as they are also 'Thinsulate' insulated.

Jim

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Waterproof pants?

Red

I think pants is a northern thing Red

Although I know what you mean about the nappies, some people do have "leakage" issues and there's allsorts of big pants available for them :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think pants is a northern thing Red

Although I know what you mean about the nappies, some people do have "leakage" issues and there's allsorts of big pants available for them :D

Bleeding American thing as far as I'm concerned - I've lived on both sides of the war of the Roses and nver heard the word used up to twenty years ago by a bloke at least!

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Bleeding American thing as far as I'm concerned - I've lived on both sides of the war of the Roses and nver heard the word used up to twenty years ago by a bloke at least!

Ah,but, a lot of "Bleeding American" words are directly attributable to the original English settlers and are thus more English by direct descent than some of our modern terms.:p

EDIT: BTW, has anyone tried the Paramo Casada trouser (£110)?

Machiavelli

May 21, 2009
Good Ole' Lancashire
Waterproof pants?

Red

I don't want to appear rude, but I think it is rather petty to pick on the way people express themselves. Does it really make that much of a difference to you how I say it? I'm sure that our cultural identity is not going to suddenly collapse because I choose to use one word over the other. Just a thought.

On a brighter note:
Thanks for all the helpful advice folks, I'm going to buy some pants/trousers tomorrow!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im from Lancashire(wigan) originally, im 42 and have used the word pants with referance to trousers for as long as i can remember, defo longer than 20yrs, now live in Scotland and my misses laugh's when i say it.(but she just doesnt understand the lingo) How the hell do you think the word UNDERpants originated!

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
A mate of mine wear his cascadas pretty much every walking trip we do. The heavens usually open up on us, sometimes for hours at a time and he has yet to have them leak . Possibly a bit warm for summer, like a lot of paramo stuff, but I'm definately envious.

For summer, I'm happy to wear my craghopper kiwis and let them dry. Come winter I suspect I'll be off to the param shop.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE