Watches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i too love kit, and stuff and things ,...

i have a few nice watches so,.....

i did,nt look at the link right away, but i guessed you would have gone the "easily replaced" route

this is my wrist just now,...

its a Breo

it keeps time

its waterproof,..

i never take it off, i dont know its there,.

neither does anyone else, (i never get asked the time ! lol)

i think they,re about 8 quid,..

not everyones thing but the same thinking as your link i spose,...

IMG00847-20110312-2223.jpg

Genty

Tenderfoot
Agreed. I like the Breo watches, they are remarkably popular in the prison service where exposure to 'challenging behaviour' calls for a watch that is a) disposable and b) isn't going to cause injury. I like that thought that it was designed for one market but has become popular with an entirely unrelated market elsewhere.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
I saw something identical to that breo watch in the local pound shop today , I'll get a couple on monday and throw them about a bit . will let you know .
Trev .

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
Now I am a self-confessed "Kit *****" but after loosing and damaging enough nice watches I have started to rethink what constitutes a good watch, especially in remote or hostile environments.

I won't tell you which one I have come up with (you'll have to read it to find out! ) but i'd be interested in your thoughts.

The Ideal 'Adventurers' Watch

Yep i think the same way never spend more than i'm willing to lose or break, I had one of these for about 7 years now still going strong, The standard battery in them last for 10 years. http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Casio-Illuminator-Combination-Watch-AW+80V+1BVEF.html

Here's mine a bit battered but then i don't really care.
Photo-0004.jpg

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I had a black Casio for my 16th birthday. When I got a new watch for my 18th I put the Casio in the box and put it in a drawer. When I was 30, I moved house and found the old Casio: The display was very faint and it was six seconds slow!

Z

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Ha Ha!!

Those cheap Casios will take anything you'll throw at them:cool:

I have to confess to being a watch freak too :eek:

Afewwatches.jpg

John:)

How can you concentrate? :p I find it hard to sleep with a small alarm clock so switched to a digital, and what about when one stops, and then another, and another :)

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
How can you concentrate? :p I find it hard to sleep with a small alarm clock so switched to a digital, and what about when one stops, and then another, and another :)

I concentrate fine as i've worked in a heavy foundry for over thirty years and a machine shop before that so i'm pretty well deaf as a plank:D

I onl;y wind one up when I decide to wear it anyhow, I used to try and wind as many as I could about once a month but by the time I had wound about seventy my index finger and thumb hurt so much that I had to stop:eek:

This is about half of my collection and many are quartz, I was spending so much on batteries from fleabay that when one stopped, I removed the spent battery, didn't replace it but did write the battery number on the inside of the caseback for future reference ;)

Cheersw, John:)

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Ha ha, before I even read the link I went to take a photo of my casio. Cheap as chips and seem impossible to destroy (unless you wear id deep sea diving!!!)
@Zingmo - I knew htese watches lasted an age, but that is obscene!!!

I Think another thing to say for analogue is that it can second as a compass if you know which hemisphere your in and wether or not its BST, and how to do the little calculation. In saying that I dont think I am ever out and about without some kind of compass, even if its the button compass on my watch strap.
DSC_0026.jpg

shame they cost twice as much as they used to, either inflation, or now they are cool cos retro is in (IMHO they have always been cool)

Jun 6, 2011
RCT
I swear by my Citizen Eco drive pro diver Titanium. Cost a pretty penny but my last Citizen Eco drive is nearly 10 years old and is still going strong. Solar powered so never need a battery and they take a beating too.

Feb 22, 2009
UK
I've got a couple. G-Shock Mudman, Luminox 8817 and a Bell & Ross for "best".

I'd buy more but my wife tells me I don't need them. :s

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE