Warwickshire living history fairs - heads up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Decorum
Thanks for the heads up. Went this morning and had an interesting time. Saw Ruth Goodman. Bought a blanket clip (roman style) and a trivet for my Dutch Oven. Excellent value entrance at £3.50. I shall look out for these events in the future.
Alan

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Damn... it's a pity that TORM isn't a week later then we could have done both it and the outdoor show

ATM (no promises!) I'm trying to work out if a Meet to coincide with The International is bookable. It's a bit further from the Close than TORM is but ... ;) .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Time to bump again ;) .

The International Living History Fair - 29th/31st October 2010.

An early heads up - due to the growth of The International, the event will be moving to larger premises from early 2011.

The Original Reenactors Market - 12th 13th and 14th November 2010.

The location for the TORM event (as far as I am aware) remains unchanged.

Please note: There will be a Meet held at Rough Close* to coincide with this TORM event.

* '12 months of Meets' thread

All of the usual 'no connections' disclaimers apply :cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm coming down for the Saturday and Sunday.

I don't think we're going to get along to the Meet up though, however, if anyone *is* at the show, I expect by about 2.30 I'll be in dire need of a coffee on the Saturday. Presumably there's somewhere on site and it'll be after the lunchtime rush :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. amongst the Traders are Bernie the Bolt ( excellent wool by the metre) David Hodges (fold down forge set ups) and the JerkyMeister (Martyn's jerky is just excellent )

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'll be there in the afternoon.

... if anyone *is* at the show, I expect by about 2.30 I'll be in dire need of a coffee on the Saturday. Presumably there's somewhere on site and it'll be after the lunchtime rush :cool:

There is - head to the far end of the hall. Canteen is (up stairs) in the left corner and Bernie is (usually) in the right - toilets are smack between them ;) .

... David Hodges (fold down forge set ups) ...

IIRC he'll be under the banner of the 'The Iron Dwarf'.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
That was a good event. It seemed as if there was even more of an effort than usual on the part of the stall holders - which could either be down to moving location next year, the economic climate - or purely coincidental :dunno: .

I may be trialling new kit at the TORM Meet :lmao: - if nothing else, I need to make a leather mini mug or two for a possible pass around :D .

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE