Warwickshire living history fairs - heads up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Would you consider the Living history fair to be "a day out" (worth a 4 hr return journey) - and would my 2 and 6 year old boys get bored if I try and drag him round?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Would you consider the Living history fair to be "a day out" (worth a 4 hr return journey)

In my opinion, definately. If you cast your eye over the Midlands Meets section you'll see that there's a Meet on that weekend at North Wood ~ it's a nice site and an over night stop has got to make life (and the drive) easier ;) . Have a word with Steve (Woodspirits), he'll be able to put you in a better picture than I can.

and would my 2 and 6 year old boys get bored if I try and drag him round?

As with everything, no promises ... But my personal belief is that if you engage their minds they'll love most things there. A huge percentage of the traders are living history buffs who really know their stuff and get a massive buzz from interacting with interested customers (whether you purchase or not :approve: ). An added bonus is that many are not just traders of goods, but are living history professionals and are used to working with kids of all ages.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Time to bump for the Autumn Fairs :D :~

The International Living History Fair ~ 26 to 28 October ~ link

The Original Reenactors Market (aka TORM) ~ 09 to 11 November ~ link

As with the last few autumn TORM fairs, there's a Meet booked to coincide with the event ~ link to Meet thread. The Meet site is approximately 10 miles from the fair.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys

As with the last few autumn TORM fairs, there's a Meet booked to coincide with the event ~ link to Meet thread. The Meet site is approximately 10 miles from the fair.

I've only been to TORM which I really enjoyed. Is there any difference between the two fairs?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've only been to TORM which I really enjoyed. Is there any difference between the two fairs?

It's much of a muchness but, generally, those who trade at TORM don't do the International. Saying that, there is getting to be more of a cross-over of traders.

My own preference is for the International and the only reason I don't do a Meet to coincide with it and TORM is due to the distance from RC.

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Less than a week to go to The International ~ so Bump, Bump, Thrrp!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
It's on this weekend so one last time to bump autumn 2012's The International Living History Fair (26 to 28 October) ~ link

Autumn 2012's The Original Reenactors Market (aka TORM) in a couple of weeks ~ 09 to 11 November ~ link

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE