warm gloves that I can work in?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
used neoprene gloves for years on veg harvesting work, and theyre toasty warm. Theyre so warm that you end up taking the damn things off. but its a nice choice to make. Theyre not the most hardwearing of gloves if using hand tools tho. . so i wouldnt spend more than the cheapest you can find. . .

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Screwfix do builders gloves for £1.50. I use them and they take the chill out and the rubberised grip keeps hold of most things. And for that money I don't mind replacing them every so often. And as my old dad used to say - "if your fingers are cold your not working hard enough"!!!

p1997778_x.jpg

I use these for chainsawing when its wet and cold too ,cheap, waterproof palm and don't get too sweaty/rubbery because the back breathes.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
used to use barbour neoprene gloves as field gloves on exercise, they are good only downside is they did make my hands smell. When worked winter nights on the rail i had a similar problem Dave what i ended up gettin was a par of marmot polertect gloves, they were quite expensive and not waterproof however they were very warm and tight fitting and allowed me still to press small buttons on equipment and couldnt feel the cold of the rail through em. Would still be using them if i hadnt lost the right hand

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
i will second g4ghb's idea, i do alot of snorkelling(summer and winter) you can get kevlar scuba pro gloves which are tough and even if you do manage to get water inside them(takes some doing) they keep your hands warm, they come in 3mm and 5 mm.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Yep neoprene for me too. I've got the prologic fishing ones with the first two fingers that velcro back to do fiddly work. They're waterproof in that water will run off them but not submerged due to the slit fingers. I got mine in realtree camo as well, just in case I felt the need to hide my hands:tapedshut :D

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
I have been after some aswell. Berghaus and Sealskinz do the water/windproof ones, i think they both have versions with grippy palms too. They are a tad pricey though, about 25 quid. I have heard that the Sealskinz ones arent the wamest, so I was thinking of buying the Bergs when I get paid.

I've got a pair of sealskinz glove and I wish they weren't so warm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE