Want a Hammock / sleep system

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blencathra

Dec 12, 2005
North Yorkshire, UK
I want to upgrade (up tree) from my quasar tent.

Bought an Aussie Hootchie from woodlore, thought about the eco-system hammock, but then discovered hennessy hammocks. They have the Expedition Asym model for 99 GBP at Cotswolds, but further investigation showed loads of models and better pricing from US.

Explorer Ultralight Asym with the option of substitute the standard Explorer Ultralight Asym rain fly for the 70D Hex fly at no charge sounds interesting

Expedition Asym model ($119.95, in US), with the Hex fly substitution for $30. Snake Skins of any size are $19.95. The 70D Hex fly is $59.95 by itself.

They seem pretty good when reviewed on web, but I want tknow what you guys think. I am 87Kg and 6ft2. What do you recommend ?

Blencathra

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Hi Mate, have you looked in the Group Buys section - Magikelly has been organising hammock buys for a while and I think they are alot cheaper than eco or the others. Might be worth trying one and seeing how you get on. You can always upgrade if you don't like it and you won't have shelled out much on your original.

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Just so you know the Expedition Asym is for people upto 6ft.

If you decide to go for a Hennessy then you might want to take a look at the Explorer Deluxe Asym but you can compare them all using the link below.

Hennessy Hammock Comparison Chart

Grez..

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Blencathra said:
I want to upgrade (up tree) from my quasar tent.

Bought an Aussie Hootchie from woodlore, thought about the eco-system hammock, but then discovered hennessy hammocks. They have the Expedition Asym model for 99 GBP at Cotswolds, but further investigation showed loads of models and better pricing from US.

Explorer Ultralight Asym with the option of substitute the standard Explorer Ultralight Asym rain fly for the 70D Hex fly at no charge sounds interesting

Expedition Asym model ($119.95, in US), with the Hex fly substitution for $30. Snake Skins of any size are $19.95. The 70D Hex fly is $59.95 by itself.

They seem pretty good when reviewed on web, but I want tknow what you guys think. I am 87Kg and 6ft2. What do you recommend ?

Blencathra

Check out the Thread from MagicKelly´s groupbuy, click here . He is getting a new Hammock and Mosquitonet group buy going. Price and quality is great.

cheers
Abbe

A

Appo

Check out www.chasesmith.co.uk
They have the Expedition at £79.95 and the explorer at £99.95
The exped. is OK for people up to 6ft (maybe a bit more depending how you sleep). The explorer is for peeps over 6ft.

They also have the full range of Ultimate Survival gear. This and the hammocks is the only new stuff I've seen recently that has really blown me away.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Marts said:
Hi Mate, have you looked in the Group Buys section - Magikelly has been organising hammock buys for a while and I think they are alot cheaper than eco or the others. Might be worth trying one and seeing how you get on. You can always upgrade if you don't like it and you won't have shelled out much on your original.
JFW said:
Hi Blencathra,

Magikelly, the group buy master, is organising all the bits you will need.
Check out these links.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/communit...1165#post141165
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/communit...1397#post141397
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/communit...1429#post141429

All the best

JFW
Abbe said:
Check out the Thread from MagicKelly´s groupbuy, click here . He is getting a new Hammock and Mosquitonet group buy going. Price and quality is great.

cheers
Abbe

I agree with what the guys have said. Buy one of these and check it out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE