Hennessy Snake Skins Size #3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
SOLD - Subject to payment

Set of Hennessy Snakeskins (#3).

These were bought and taken out of the packet about a year ago - I finally got round to fitting them last week. Wasn't in a hurry...

They are a brilliant idea but, try as I might, they seem to be just a bit too small to fit over my standard Exped Asym. I have ordered a larger set (#4) and now have these to get rid of. The diameter of the large end is 2.5 inches (just over 6 cm).

They are mint and have not been used outside. See here if you don't understand what these are all about. My (rhetorical) question is, why is the tubby guy in the photos wearing a little green towel round his waste? Perhaps he has left his pants in the hammock by mistake and rolled it up? Who knows?

Snakeskin sizing is as follows:

SNAKE SKINS 1
For... Adventure Racer
SNAKE SKINS 2
For... Ultralight Backpacker, Ultralight Backpacker asym, and Extreme Light Racer Hammocks.
SNAKE SKINS 3
For... Expedition, Explorer Ultralight, Explorer Deluxe, and Safari Ultralight Hammocks.
SNAKE SKINS 4
For use with Expedition Asym, Explorer Ultralight and Explorer Deluxe used in conjunction with the Undercover.

Wish I'd seen that before I bought these ones ... sigh.

As they only just about don't fit the Exped Asym, I believe they are the Snake Skins Size #3. So, if you have any of the hammocks that will fit in sizes 1-3, these are for you. If they aren't a size 3, send them back in the same condition (ie, clean and undamaged) and I'll return your money.

If you use the bigger hex fly with the Exped Asym, you could use these just for the hammock/net bit and stick the fly in another stuff sack. This may be especially useful if you rig the hex tarp separately to the hammock and use the tarp as a shelter during the day. It shouldn't just be Hennessy hammocks this works for: you should get other hammocks into these if you don't have the tarp integral to the hammock.

Anyway, enough of that. They cost about £13 in the UK so I'm selling these for £6.50 inc p&p (RM 1st Class). Paypal only, as gift.

First to PM gets.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE