Hammock questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bongo Matt

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2009
Isle of Wight
I will give the Caribiners a try, as the hammock I have got is very comfortable and have achieved a completely new dimension of sleeping positions, but if the moisture persists then might look at something else like a net combination as when I was in the Amazon, I found that the mozzies could actually bite through it, and I watched them doing it, and when zipped up to barrakade myself in surrouned by layers of thin sleeping back (really hot) I ended up nearly suffocating on my own CO2 so I could have favoured on of those mozzie net hybrid types. I did use a mozzie net as a tube thingy over my hammock, witch elaccy bands either end but ended up tearing something every time I went for a bloomin p#ss

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I would humbly suggest the 'Binner mod is an absolute must. Add a drip line to the 'Binner and it's all sorted. I picked up some thick cotton string from the pound shop and 8 inches of this knotted onto the 'Binner works a treat.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For absolute peace of mind,
take an old inner tube (available free from most tyre fitters) and cut out a disk and punch a small hole in it - then stretch two of them over the karabiner so you have drip fences top and bottom. You can also cut the tube into rings to make the ever useful ranger bands.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Sorry Mate, short for carabiner.

Used to join the hammock to the hanging line. Also allows for a quick take down during the day, freeing up room under the Tarp.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
or even just a lump of blu-tac or plastacine moulded on to the rope would do the job!

oh you poor people and your drips :lmao:

go on treat yourself ;) , Just buy a henessey!;)

did I mention that I bought my Hennesey for £10?
the price ticket was wrong when I bought it the guy selling it hadn't a clue!

:lmao: :yelrotflm :lmao: :yelrotflm :lmao: :yelrotflm :lmao: :yelrotflm :lmao: :yelrotflm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE