Variations of cooking an egg

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Some good ideas there, maybe the scrambled egg in tights could be cooked in the shell, in the fire with a hole in the top?

I didn't see instant eggs on that list;
skaho_05.jpg
(click for large pic)

Not the best tasting, but the best fun :lmao:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Some good ideas there, maybe the scrambled egg in tights could be cooked in the shell, in the fire with a hole in the top?

I didn't see instant eggs on that list;
View attachment 9501
(click for large pic)

Not the best tasting, but the best fun :lmao:

FUN!!????

hahaha as in getting anyone within 20 yards splattered with molten egg,..

i try this everytime and can never do it,...

i've used different places in the embers as temp control, stirred the egg,...bigger hole,....but still i endup with an empty, smoking bit of shell....

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
FUN!!????

hahaha as in getting anyone within 20 yards splattered with molten egg,..

i try this everytime and can never do it,...

i've used different places in the embers as temp control, stirred the egg,...bigger hole,....but still i endup with an empty, smoking bit of shell....

We need a BCUK egg off, first one to not get egg in the trees wins. (I'm not confident of winning :))

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
We need a BCUK egg off, first one to not get egg in the trees wins. (I'm not confident of winning :))

class!!!!

an egg off sounds ace,...

Lannyman8 and Chambers would bomb out with last place going by the last time i saw them doing "egg a la embers"

still, it was funny,...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
class!!!!

an egg off sounds ace,...

Lannyman8 and Chambers would bomb out with last place going by the last time i saw them doing "egg a la embers"

still, it was funny,...

ha ha ha ha ha ha, it was funny, but i was hungry afterwards as i had no food due to the massive explosion......

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
We used to have Tattie eggs. Cut the top off a reasonably large potato. Scoop out enough potato to make room for the egg. Crack the egg into the potato and stick the top of the potato back on using 3 or 4 small splinters of wood. Place the potato in the embers of a fire for about ten minutes and hey presto....tattie eggs:D

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
We used to have Tattie eggs. Cut the top off a reasonably large potato. Scoop out enough potato to make room for the egg. Crack the egg into the potato and stick the top of the potato back on using 3 or 4 small splinters of wood. Place the potato in the embers of a fire for about ten minutes and hey presto....tattie eggs:D

Now that is a great idea!

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
One of the bc instructors at work showed me how to cook egg on a stick. Carefully poke a green stick through an egg. Make the top hole a little bigger than the stick to stop pressure build up. Slowly rotate over hot embers. Naked flames will make it explode.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE