Valknut carved coaster and bookmark set

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
they look great bud, what i will say, is when using the antique finishes bud, is to add a super sheen, or a tan kote, or a resoline finish mate, as its water based, they have a tendency to run off, but also if you spilt tea on it it would interfere with your work mate, same goes for the outdoor goods, as caranauba cream is great, but its not very water resistant, with normal dyes its not so bad, but with the antiques you need that extra finish, the last thing you want bud, is to make a customer a nice bag, and he has a lovely white shirt on, or a nice belt with jeans on, and it rubs on his clothes;)

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
they look great bud, what i will say, is when using the antique finishes bud, is to add a super sheen, or a tan kote, or a resoline finish mate, as its water based, they have a tendency to run off, but also if you spilt tea on it it would interfere with your work mate, same goes for the outdoor goods, as caranauba cream is great, but its not very water resistant, with normal dyes its not so bad, but with the antiques you need that extra finish, the last thing you want bud, is to make a customer a nice bag, and he has a lovely white shirt on, or a nice belt with jeans on, and it rubs on his clothes;)

Thanks for the tip Lee, i do have super sheen but keep forgetting to use it. Had a problem with dye running off on a belt i need to fix, will use super sheen on it next time rather than the carnauba cream ;)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Thanks for the tip Lee, i do have super sheen but keep forgetting to use it. Had a problem with dye running off on a belt i need to fix, will use super sheen on it next time rather than the carnauba cream ;)
its not a criticism bud, just trying ti help is all mate, the caranauba cream is great bud, as it aids with the protection, but use the sheen after mate, its important with the antiques;) just dont want you to let customers down and loose orders mate, you can also play a little with it, and distress the look even more, if you give it a little rub in places, as its drying, giving more secrets away:rolleyes:.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE