Utterly Ridiculous = £109:99 + £5:99 P&P

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Good luck to 'em. Anybody who pays that for a spork clearly has far too much money for their own good and needs to be relieved of some of it. It's a veritable public service. :D

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
+1 for good luck to 'em, spend your money any way you want. People smoke (£3 per day x 365 = well over a grand!) People drink (£20 a week x 52 = over a grand) People buy canoes, (a grand) people buy expensive cars (well over a grand) people pay £50 quid a month on sky tv, people go foreign holidays, cameras, tents, stoves, knives..... well you get the idea. Each to their own.

Cheers,

Alan

Jan 8, 2010
Berkshire
I recently placed my first order with TAD Gear for a couple of jackets and fortunately I am very pleased with them. The issue with the price of their kit is not just the list price but the $75 shipping fee from the US, then import duty and VAT and a local handling charge at this end. So if somebody is selling on a TAD Gear item this will tend to be reflected in the price. A few months back I was watching a used jacket on eBay, I didn’t bid as a couple of days before the auction was to end it was already at more than the cost of a new item, if they have them in stock which they tend not to.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I smoke & drink and in order to that I avoid buying (from our local outdoor shop catalogue):

- five fingered slippers ad 109,95 euro;
- a clinometer for your bike (in Holland, :lmao:);
- a sleeping mat with 'Ultra Light valve';
- a Camelback flowmeter, allowing you to see how much you have drunk (just 34,95 euro).

So, if there is a market there is a product and if there is a buyer there is a market..

Well chuffed to brag that I got a brand new steel spork for £2.99 from our local market. That'd be 1/2 the price of the postage on that travesty and I owned that spork immediately. Had a pleasant conversation about hiking in Wales with the salesperson too, which was free and priceless.

If anyone's interested I'm happy to have a go at etching a couple of skulls onto it - it could be all yours for a mere £29.99 (+ p&p). I'm sure I can probably get another.

A fool and his money eh... (good grief I sound like my dad!) :rolleyes:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
what the heck is a terminator spork?!!!
I once put a painting on eBay with a buy it now of £30,000 I checked it every few hours eagerly but alas! it didn't work . was worth a try lol

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
what the heck is a terminator spork?!!!
I once put a painting on eBay with a buy it now of £30,000 I checked it every few hours eagerly but alas! it didn't work . was worth a try lol

Its a ludicrously decorated spork, the ownership of which arguably confirms the absence of good taste, reason, logic and intelligence.

By definition, it also confirms the desperate need to be seen to own 'elite' and/or 'tactical' gear.

A more accurate definition would be 'SAD GEAR'...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It would make a nice spoon if it didn't have all those little notches in it. :confused:

Well said Hoodoo, IMHO sporks are neither a good spoon or a good fork, whats wrong with taking a real spoon and real fork on a trip, please don't say its weight.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
It would make a nice spoon if it didn't have all those little notches in it. :confused:

Perhaps someone will set up a spork repair service, where owners send in their sporks to have little infill pieces fitted to reinstate it back to 'spoon' status...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Perhaps someone will set up a spork repair service, where owners send in their sporks to have little infill pieces fitted to reinstate it back to 'spoon' status...

Good idea chap. It must be my age or something but I can't see one good thing about any spork whether it be a Titanium one or some plastic job:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE