3 Day Assault Pack Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Love your zipper pull fix. Its one of those blatently obvious ways it OUGHT to be done, but 99% of us would have just put the paracord through the hole in the end....

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
About to mod all my bags with the same zipper pull fix, even going to do the kids coats! ikkle fingers don't like the cold :D

Elmo

Feb 25, 2010
NYC
two companies make 3 day assault packs that are sold to active military.
They are mil-spec, tough, and very expensive. The best seem to be:
Kifaru and my personal favorite T.A.D.

you can see a completely kitted out example in this thread about half walf way down the page.

Elmo

Feb 25, 2010
NYC
sorry---
here is the picture
dualfastpacks.jpg

and while I'm in photobucket:
my TAD Litespeed [21L my every day pack]
L1000118.jpg

and the pack in the first picture TAD fastpack EDC v4 [29.5L ; meets most airline specs]
fp_ls_fg5_650w_1.jpg

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Nice packs... and no need to appologise...

You should try out some 'semmalume' cats eyes on the velcro patches. They work really well....

Are grim locks actually any good?

Elmo

Feb 25, 2010
NYC
from the MaxPedition web site:

the GRIMLOC D-RING

Fits 1" Webbing, integral drain port
Low-IR, 80 lb. break strength
Color Options: Black / Foliage Green / Khaki (Single Color: Packet of 4)

The Fastex® Grimloc™ Locking D-Ring can be used on any 1" wide piece of webbing and replaces the metal carabiner for attachment of lanyards, weapons, and accessories.

It is fabricated from high strength lightweight plastic, incorporates GhillieTex™ IR-signature reduction technology, and resists solar heating. Its latch is designed with a detent to maintain an open position if needed and, while strong enough to carry equipment, it will break away with a soldier's weight, eliminating snagging hazards which can cause serious injuries.

The Grimloc™ Locking D-Ring's release button is textured for ease of use with gloved hands and works as a pump for purging trapped sand or water through integral drain holes. Since the Grimloc™ is made from plastic, it will not serve as a platform for ricochets or become a secondary projectile.

Used extensively by the United States Army and Marine Corps. MADE IN U.S.A.
grmlall_400_general.jpg

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Yes, this is definitely a copy of the Blackhawk 3 Day Assault Pack. Usually cheap copies are far inferior to the original, but in this case, judging by the performance of my genuine Blackhawk pack, I’m not so sure!

I've had a Blackhawk pack for about 2 years now- the design is ok (although i do find it 'wallows' about on my back if I’m moving quickly, and the shoulder straps are a little too wide so they have a tendency to rub my arms). But the actual manufacture of the pack is terrible. The stitching is coming away, the padding is wearing thin in the shoulder straps, and the most irritating feature of all, the ladder lock buckles on the shoulder straps are mis matched with the webbing tape than runs through them, so the shoulder straps are constantly needing to be tightened (and i mean every 100m or so)- infuriating! The texturised Nylon used in the main body of the pack has stood up well though.

So, in all likelihood, your Chinese copy is probably far better than the original which retails in the UK for well in excess of £100!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE