usgi canteen cup....which will fit??

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Hi everyone! !
After looking around for a water bottle I've ended up with a new us army 1qtrsurplus one :) thing is it hasn't come with a cup so need some help finding the right one that will properly fit onto the bottom??? Pleassssse help!! :)

Andy

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
you're going to have to buy a US metal cup, the dutch one which is very very similar, won't fit. just search one out on ebay, they either have a flat metal handle that folds under the cup, or standard folding handles that make it look just like a dutch one. make sure its right before you buy.

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Was told the dutch one would fit by someone at endicotts but thought id check first... been looking on the bay and I can't seem to find many and the ones which are on there are really expensive :-(the

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
well, i can only speak from the experience i've had, i have american canteens and have just sold a batch of dutch canteen cups and the items i tried would not pair up, the us canteen wouldnt slide all the way to the bottom of the cup.

++just tried an american canteen dated 1977 in a dutch mug dated 1989, the bottle goes in but is too wide at the shoulders to go all the way in, its stops at the text on the bottle.

i will say, i had too different styles of mug in my batch, one type had got the same style lip as the american type and though it fit onto the bottle, it wouldn't go into the pouch and button up.

better to buy the dutch set which is a US type bottle with a gasket in the lid which is better than US type, or even better still get the 1 litre 58 patt type dutch bottle and mug. both these options fit the dutch mug. the bigger bottle tho wont fit into the american pouch either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE