Found an osprey canteen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Hi everyone. Last week I found an osprey canteen in the depths of a cupboard, which I think I must bought as a teenager from a local surplus store which nolonger exists. But I have no recollection of this. In any case it feels a bit like finding treasure and I'm chuffed.
It's dated 1992, has CM/02 on the bottom and also a NATO serial number. Now of course I need to accessorise it. What do you good folks recommend I get? The internet is filled with a plethora of various cups and stoves which nest either on top or beneath, depending on the verison. Will any stainless steel crusader cup fit on top? Is there any particular burner / solid fuel stove that works well with this?

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
Crusader mk1 or 2 cooker will work i think,i use firerope in an old shoe polish tin for the burner,fits nice in the indent.With the mk1 you may find you need a windsheild.I bought a copy of the osprey bottle and mug from a company called Contact Left ,they fit nicely.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
Used to have a pressed aluminium mug back in the 1980's lost mine years ago if I remember rightly it burnt your lips drinking from it and had to stick tape to it which you couldn't brew up in it then

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Crusader mk1 only, don’t bother with the mark 2 version, tried it and wasted my money. Not as good and then buy 3 x 6 inch nails for a cooker stand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE