ultimate natureal tinder...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troy ap De skog

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2005
In a Shack
couple of weeks ago, i diesided to drie out a carrier bag of thistel down in a billy over the fire.... then "woops" loads of smoke came from the billy, so burred it in sand...

any ways all the down left in the billy was heavly chard, and will take the tinyist of sparks from my trad flint and steal/ pyrite. and will just ember away for ages...

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks for this. I tend to use the lint from the tumble dryer, not very bushy i know, but saves it going to land fill. I'l try the thistle drying.

Rob

Mr Cake

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
my house
couple of weeks ago, i diesided to drie out a carrier bag of thistel down in a billy over the fire.... then "woops" loads of smoke came from the billy, so burred it in sand...

any ways all the down left in the billy was heavly chard, and will take the tinyist of sparks from my trad flint and steal/ pyrite. and will just ember away for ages...

For a rather more controlled method of making this sort of tinder see:

http://dirttime.com/blog/articles/cattail-char/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE