Ultimate bushcraft sin!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
wow.. £30 for 3 inches of leather! :eek:

the big guy sure knows how to maximise profit!

shocking..

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
arfarfarf i'll have you know my hair is a suvival essential! 60ft of knotted rope at the ready.

Is this a bit too much like the tradition that in "Celtic Times" high status captives were bound with ropes made from their own beards/hair - rough shorn in the field to "dishonour" them?

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
i agree with all of the above although my pet peeve is people putting plastic on a fire in a tent! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE lol

In all seriousness though i reckon leaving rubbish everywhere would be my personal pick

Dave

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Have I missed it or has no-one suggested not ensuring a fire is really out before leaving?

Here I quote and old time american bushcrafter: "the true test of the outdoors man is not that he can light a fire but that he can make sure it is well and truly out". (Wish I could remember where I read this, but one of you lot will tell me!)

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Have I missed it or has no-one suggested not ensuring a fire is really out before leaving?

Here I quote and old time american bushcrafter: "the true test of the outdoors man is not that he can light a fire but that he can make sure it is well and truly out". (Wish I could remember where I read this, but one of you lot will tell me!)

Not a problem if my lad was there, the fire would have been out hours earlier.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
My ået pieve is fishermen of the fishing for sport variety who leave all manners of garbage behind, including their birds nested fishing line for all sorts of crittrs to get entangled in. Found a sheep a few years back, completely entangled in mono line...

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Can you define "unnecessary" animal suffering, as what is necessary to some will be very necessary to others? ;)

I mean:
Don't try to shoot an animal that's out of your reach.
Don't leave garbage that birds get tangled into.
Don't let your dog chase roe deer calves away from their mothers.
Don't leave snares unchecked for long.
Don't destroy ants nests because you think it's fun.
Don't catch a fish that you want to eat and wait to kill it until you go home, kill it right away.

I could go on, these are just examples.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE