Ultimate bushcraft sin!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Rest assured, no caravans were involved, but in my mood of guilty penitence I had to resort to the singing of hymns................but only solemn and somber ones!

Bluezephyr

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Stratton
Well now; Having digested many of the posts in this thread over the weekend and realised that I have been a sinner, I rose early on this fine Monday morning and decided to make amends for the error of my ways. I removed the waterbottle carrier from my Maxp kodiak and crammed it's contents into the inside of the pack, disrupting my carefully planned and packed system...............I then proceeded to do the same with the attatched Karrimor sf half-pocket fixed to the front - off it came and all it's contents re-distributed causing serious grief again to my organised pack............fed the dog, got flask & snap on board, and went for a 10 mile bimble along the lip of the lower wye valley on the Welsh side. This was a long planned walk in order to "mop up" the few sticks and bits of timber I hadn't yet cut as the sap is rising and it's last knockings for me to be cutting for this year.

The walk itself was very pleasant, but my system of easy-to-reach saw, knives and all the sundries this pack gives easy access to ( without taking it off - see many Kodiak reviews ) is now completely useless, I might just as well have had it all in a carrier bag; months of trial and error and fettling to get as close as I've ever been to the perfect system out the window..............

But it's all ok - I don't mind at all - my consciense has been scalded by the thought that I may have been offending the many posters who see "strapped-on" gear as an abomination, but I'm free of that now - I'm back on the path of righteousness and hopefully back in the fold, and the mayhem and inconvenience to me is nothing compared to the offence I may have been causing this long while by my wanton and selfish behaviour.

I hope I might, in the run of time, be forgiven...................Mea Culpa..........................atb mac

Get a knife and cut all the straps and loops sinner! What was the manufacturer thinking when they designed your bag to have them.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I think the knife will be out tomorrow to finish the job and to put temptation beyond reach - you pay 140 rats for a pack and what do they slip you? THE WORK OF THE DEVIL is what................

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Good job somebody's on the ball - I nearly fell from grace again; this is gonna be harder than I thought, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - but it's gotta be done!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
In fact how can you see inside the pack to type, you've either got a bright headtorch that could dazzle a bushcrafter or ... Your outside your pack, are you straped TO your pack.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
My lad won't believe you guys could carry this so far, but it sure makes a good read. I'm taking my lad out for a days fire skills session and if he lets the fire go out then he will eat raw meat. Now where's that horse?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
My lad won't believe you guys could carry this so far, but it sure makes a good read. I'm taking my lad out for a days fire skills session and if he lets the fire go out then he will eat raw meat. Now where's that horse?

Ah the Genghis Khan school of bushcraft making them eat horse tartare. He might like it! Hope you two have fun and the fire skills go well.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
And by the way, if you DO need the horse, it'll be in the frozen section @ your local supermarket............................

Thanks for the fun, boys atb mac

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nothing worse thean when you're at the camp and someone pulls out a guitar.. If I wanted to listen to an out of tune guitar being hammerd by a hippy I'd go on youtube!

I don't like it when people drive to their camp site (some cases are excusbale though) - but when they bang on about the weight of an axe, or a knife or a cooking set it just tops the cake. You drove there! what does it matter you cheater!!

This is more of a kit gripe than a bush sin, but when people talk about a knife being 'a bit too heavy' yet they themselves are atleast 50% body fat! gah..

Some people :rolleyes:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Litter and fire scars wind me up.

Our site where we do the work with school groups is on FC land but only really visible if you are on foot. People obviously sometimes have picnics there etc and then often leave their crud behind.

Who do you think is going to pick it up, eejits!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE