UK Customs suck....Warning rant.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
So on the 8th my wife ordered some glass Swarovski bicone beads from a company in Seattle and paid $44 for express shipping as they are needed for some wedding favours. They arrived in the UK on the 11th as you would expect with express shipping.

Then the fun began. Take a look.

Screenshot from 2016-02-21 19:14:30.jpg

Did you know customs at postage ports of entry don't work on the weekends? in fact they work Mon-Fri 9-5 that's what some drone with Parcelforce said when I called LAST weekend to enquire about the parcel. I have no problem paying the VAT and parcelforces ransom of 13GBP. Just [CENSORED] make up your mind how much I owe and let me know.

It's impossible to speak to anyone other than parcelforce as apparently customs customer service is a rare as rocking horse poop.

These bracelets can take up to three weeks each to make and there's the bride, maid of honour and bridesmaids to all have one made for them. I'm wondering if some jackwang of a customs drone saw EXPRESS and though "Not any more it aint". They know they can [censored] with you and there's not a bloody thing you can do about it.

Sorry rant over.

Last edited:

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
U.K. Customs can be rediculous. Parcelfarce are a joke too. I've had terrible experiences trying to get them to deliver things. From the feedback on their Facebook page it's a miracle they're still in business.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Mike our usual driver is the only saving grace of parcelfarce. A couple of times when I've been out and it's raining he's walked round the back and left the package in the conservatory out of the rain. Others just chuck and run regardless of where the box lands.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE