Sold Gear Clear out 4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
More gear guys and still more to come after this. Never knew I had so much stuff.

Same theme, need to lighten my load and move on gear gathering dust.

I've let this gear go at good prices, it's no good sitting there and it's nice to help out fellow bushcrafter's who may be struggling to buy decent gear.

All in £'s .... GBP.

This one more expensive but still a damn good saving over new.
Solo Stove Titan with it's pot, used 3 times.
Overkill for just one so I bought the smaller one, and use it frequently.
This wood (see what I did there:) be good solo if you like more capacity and don't mind the extra weight or size.
This actually gives off quite a bit of heat, great if you're covert and / or prefer not to draw attention with a larger smokier fire. These are quite efficient and don't smoke a great deal. I don't encourage camping without permission of course, but if the nights drawing in and there's no house for miles most are lenient.

Without a doubt the best stoves I've ever used, as long as you have something to burn of course! :)

Together they are 130 quid ..... I'll let it go for 80 posted. SOLD

DSCF1077.jpg

Next another knife I made quite some time ago now.

Sold ... Enzo CPM S30V blade, 100mm, 3.5mm, an excellent steel, spine throws nice sparks. Oak burr handle scales, very gapy when I bought the block so they were potted in resin before fitting and shaping. I think this handle looks lovely. Slightly shorter handle at 110 mm because neighbours dog jumped up me as I was shaping and I slipped, had to shorten it a bit. Fits me fine and I don't have small hands, it feels good in the hand. Brass bolts, one extra brass and stainless pin, brass lanyard hole

I will of course put a nice edge on the knife before posting. .... I suppose I'm not doing myself any favours by photographing before I've had them on my stones. It'll be zero scandi of course, unless you like a micro bevel, in that case please say so.

A bought sheath, fits ok, not firm but not loose. deep carry so it'll not jump out.

Oh I don't know, I think 50 is fair given this lovely handle and the S30V blade

DSCF1057.jpg DSCF1064.jpg DSCF1066.jpg DSCF1071.jpg

Oh, it will not fail you!

Last one on this sale is a monster knife, and can't be so cheap sorry.

Svord Von Tempsky Bowie ..... SOLD.

To use a modern term, because i'm so young and fit! ... This is a beast of a knife!
I have used this several times in my local woods camping trips and boy can this thing work.
Especially after my mods, sacrilege, well may be but I'm all about function and I don't collect knives, I use all my knives.
Now if I could afford a scandi by a master, with inlaid blade and stunning scrimshaw work then may be I'd put that in a case, they are a work of art, I'm sure you agree.

I've removed the convex edge and put a single bevel edge on it. I've grooved the handle and wrapped it with leather. It cuts and chops better, actually does nice feather sticks now. And secondly it will actually stay in your hand, bloody slippy without and with such a big blade, even with a lanyard bloody dangerous! Unless you have a grip like Samson, I don't. I've worked it hard and the leather has not moved at all, still tight. Guard is still tight and has not gone rattly, so well fitted.
Scabbard, I'll call this a scabbard! :) .. I've treated with my own mix, an old and trusted method.

For all the specs check out Heinnie (listed at 241.95) or Svord's website, truly I'm very impressed with this steel. I worked it hard during my Christmas camp and the blade will only need a light touch. It's battened, it's chopped, it's pried, still keen!

I'm going to knock a ton off it due to the mods, hell of a blade for 140 quid. I'm not overly bothered if this sells tbh. My Khukuri nearly always goes with me but this is just, well just! .... Ok I'll shut up.

DSCF1017.jpg DSCF1023.jpg DSCF1029.jpg

Clear out 5 tomorrow.

Last edited:

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Received the Enzo, it is a gorgeous handle and really draws the eye, there will be some very jealous people around me at the forest school.

Thank you Steve for the wonderful service with this purchase and the hawk

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
Ok, Only one bite, well a nibble! but not landed though :) ..... I'll take the Svord monster bowie down to 120 posted.
This knife will out last you and your grand-kids, about as big and as tough as they come!

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
Ok last drop on the Svord, down to 100.
It'll go back on the wall and used on local day trips, I can't go any lower than that.

It's quite a knife for 100 quid, this steel/heat treat is right up there with the best I've used on a large knife!

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
No one interested in this chopping and splitting monster that is the Svord Von Tempsky? I'm really quite surprised I have to say.

I know I'm selling it, but I'd put this knife up against any big knife of the same size or even bigger for it's chopping and splitting ability, bold statement? I suppose but I'm confident it'd hold it's own with the best and beat most. Crocodile Dundee would run for cover from this one!
For toughness too, It's a slab of well treated steel that holds an edge extremely well. I've pounded on it and it's suffered no damage still sharp and cutting nice feather sticks.
My handle leather wrap has not moved one bit, the grip is far more secure than stock (which was bleedin lethal IMO) does not create "hot spots" on my hands and the lanyard can be just cut off if you wish. The wrap is held tight by means of a bamboo plug driven into the lanyard tube it does not rely on a lanyard / knot at all. And the sheath, well it's just nigh on indestructible!

Have I sold it to anyone? :) .. Does it have to go back on my wall or will someone make it work as it was meant to work? ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE