tweezers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I used to have some great tweezers but i've managed to misplace them, anyone got an opinion on what they think are the best tweezers and why. It will be good to get some idea of the different ones out there that might be good :D

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have a pair of those sliver grippers on my keys and seem to be forever using them to pull splinters, very good indeed, I think its because there slightly rounded that they roll the flesh down around the splinter so you don't have to be so accurate as they don't pinch the skin, obviously the key ring thing is a bonus to for me. as for first aid kit i have a set of angled needle point tweezers Wifely nabbed from the dental centre for me( they being thrown out in a revamp) super sharp and long, will go an see if they have a name on or not. HTH.

Dave.

EDIT: the big one's are made by Larident.
247535_10150282580614073_539479072_9095404_361404_n.jpg

Last edited:

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I also use silver gripper tweezers, they get plenty of use and are a cracking bit of kit. Used much more than the larger pair that live in my FAK.
Cheers
Louis

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I do have a pair with a magnifying glass built in like these:
TMG1.jpg

Hmmmm? wonder if it would be enough to be of use fire lighting:D multi use tweezers?

I keep silver grippers on my keychain as well because they are a great way to keep tweezers handy.

2058620710106695437S600x600Q85.jpg

However, the ones with the magnifying lens are a must have for my tired eyes. Makes pulling splinters a piece of cake. I keep one in my backpack and another in the bathroom and yet another in my workshop.

If you want finer tweezers, check out laboratory supply places. Most of the ones they supply are made in Pakistan and are usually of good to exceptional quality. Some can get pretty pricey.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
silver grippers here also but also use a pair of womens eye brow ones that are really usefull as you can use as a point or with a long side and there small
eyebrow%20tweezer06.jpg

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
ho hoodoo where did you get all those gadgets on your keyring from regards dave

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
My wife has one of the tiny Victorinox penknives which has a nail file and a pair of scissors. It also has a tiny pair of tweezers which pushes into one of the scales. We use them more than any other tweezers. I find it really irritating that I bought what I thought was an identical penknife, but found that instead of tweezers it has a useless little red LED torch. :(

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
I keep silver grippers on my keychain as well because they are a great way to keep tweezers handy.

2058620710106695437S600x600Q85.jpg

However, the ones with the magnifying lens are a must have for my tired eyes. Makes pulling splinters a piece of cake. I keep one in my backpack and another in the bathroom and yet another in my workshop.

If you want finer tweezers, check out laboratory supply places. Most of the ones they supply are made in Pakistan and are usually of good to exceptional quality. Some can get pretty pricey.

Sorry to thread jack but what torch is that on your keyring Hoodoo. :jacked:
Thread jack over, I only own the tweezers in my SAK, which are OK for splinters, but not much else.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
ho hoodoo where did you get all those gadgets on your keyring from regards dave

The flashlight is a Fenix EO1. Maybe not the brightest out there but it runs on 1 AAA battery, it's hard anodized so it takes a beating, and it's keychain-sized. I have 2 keychains and one of these on each. Been a super reliable light and it was pretty cheap when I bought mine. Don't know if they still make 'em. When I started carrying the Fenix, that was the end of my Photon microlight days. LOL!

The flat blade screwdriver is 30+ years old. It's an old Proto, a holdover from my mechanic days. It's saved a lot of pocket knife tips over the years. :) The Philips is off a SOG multitool (I think...). You can order SOG multi tool blades separately and they are very reasonably priced. The whistle is a Peter Atwood creation (not quite sure on that because I had a couple similar whistles made up by a Brit (he was selling them on the EDC forum a couple or more years ago) awhile back and that might be one of 'em, and the little tool with the holes in it is a Peter Atwood prybaby (maybe a gasbaby?) in titanium.

As you can see, I do a lot of screwing around at work. :)

Sorry for the thread drift.

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hoodoo, I feel a keychain thread coming up :D

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think i'll get another sliver grippers and also have a look at the others...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE