Tripe recipes

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
raw with salt, pepper, vinegar. The white honeycomb is best. (although I haven't had it for over 30 years, come to think of it!)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My stinky old uncle Arthur used to turn up at my grans with a bucket load every now and then, dirty mingers

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There is a reason that anyone spouting rubbish is said to be talking tripe..... it IS rubbish!
Disgusting stuff fit only to be eaten by the French and other starving peasants.
No matter how you cook it it is awful stuff!
A bit like limpets or Shark in that respect.....

Just my thoughts you understand .... I am sure that some folk like it :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
My dear old Dad used to have it poached in milk , as he said it eased his ulcer ! tasted it once as a kid that was enough .

Although worked for a while at a great dane kennels, and used to collect whole tripe in its raw undyed state from the butcher , just wait until a freezer breaks down , and you are not aware for a week , then open the lid , i threw up instantly and passed out , the worst smell in the world so far experienced.

As JF adhered to its for cheese eating surrender monkeys .

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Whenever i pass the tripe stall on our local market i always think it looks like carpet underlay. I always think it probably tastse similar.

The only people that buy the stuff are OAP's, drowning the stuff in vinegar.

They also sell such delights as.. chitterlings, pig bag and cow heel. No thanks

But then again, i eat pork dripping (the two tone stuff, not full-on lard)

It Makes great roast potatoes by the way !

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
Steamed with loads of garlic, chopped spring onion greens, soy sauce and chilis. Tripe has no real taste (it's bleached, ***) - it's just texture... So adding strong flavours really works. If you like that weird jelly-crunch texture, it's tops.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Although worked for a while at a great dane kennels, and used to collect whole tripe in its raw undyed state from the butcher , just wait until a freezer breaks down , and you are not aware for a week , then open the lid , i threw up instantly and passed out , the worst smell in the world so far experienced.

That reminded me of this clip :rofl:

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
Simmer for three hours in milk and onions, having made your house smell like something died under the floorboards and you just put heating on, throw the revolting stuff in the bin! Outside bin, better yet a neighbours bin several houses away from your own.

IF the only food available for my survival was tripe, I would eat one of my own limbs instead.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE