Trangia materials

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
I read a lot of threads about Trangias, very interesting, but most seemed to concentrate on comparing them with other cooking methods, etc.

But what about the materials used in Trangias?

Aluminium or Ultralight Aluminium?

Hard anodized?

Non-stick?

Hard anodized together with non-stick?

Anyone tried the hard-anodized?

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I was looking for one for a while, I eventually picked up a UL/HA set which should last me for life! I don't have anything to compare it to so no real comments there I'm afraid. The HA seems good, we badly burned some sugar on the bottom of the pan on Sunday (making popcorn!) and it came off easy.

HA is instead of non stick and is in fact pretty non stick

hope this helps a wee bit,

cheers,

alan

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
I think the trangias a nice simple stove but i think a duossal 27k costs about 70 quid!!! which seems a hellish amount of money, for the simplest little meths burner, 2 lidless pots, a tiny little kettle, fry pan and aluminium stand.

One of these hobo stoves, with a trangia burner inside (or better still, a half price copy of a trangia burner) gotta be way more practical. you can use coffee canisters for pots, you can light a fire inside it when you run out of meths and since you can only cook one pot at a time, its arguable whether you need two pots and a kettle (tho ive always loved trangia kettles).

Crikey, listen to me recommending hobo stoves? i think i need a lie down

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I picked up my UL/HA stove for about a third off that in a sale, but yep 70 quid is pretty expensive (you should see MSR stove prices without the pots! :eek:)

As for a hobos, you're bob on;

2294339575_372c8e1545.jpg

2294339507_c1c6ecf669.jpg

great for a quick brew on a day out, not so good for a 4 day canoeing trip ;)

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE