traditional kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 7, 2014
Liverpool
Hello everyone, I've started using some traditional and home made kit but the places that I have been looking to buy some new stuff is really expensive.

Does anyone know any shops where I can buy traditional kit that doesn't cost a arm and a leg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
What kit do you want? Clothes, shelter, cooking equipment, fire lighting, storage, carry?

Shark Design do many traditional equipment and accessories for firelighting etc.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I support the DIY route - I have arrived at the stage where, apart from my undies and socks, I can go out for a weekend kitted out from tarp to shoes, stove to knife in hand made kit.
It is a great feeling.
In summer I can do without the socks and go "Commando" for that 100% trad feel :)
Now I want to get into tanning my own leather and spinning my own fabrics (learning to drop spindle spin wool and have just made my own first bit of leather....)

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Very nice to make stuff for oneself and I have made a lot of my kits but as a Living History enthusiast I see nothing wrong with using the craft work of others. If I really lived in a prehistoric period and possessed the means I would use a bronzesmith for a blade or a weaver for cloth even though she would probably be my wife nowadays (want to buy a scarf anybody?). Trade seems to be constant throughout history. Of course it is satisfying if the exchange is done with one's own goods or services but money is always acceptable.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Charity shops for raw materials on the cheap, linen table cloths and bed sheets , pure wool blankets to use as is or cut up to make clothes ( just got two corkers in a Crickhowell charity shop) tinned brass jam pans make great period stew pots etc etc

atb
tom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE