Traditional Hay rake course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

thejollyroger

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2010
england
somebody a while ago posted about a hay rake making course that they went on and recommended it.
I went on it and it was great, it was run buy the Suffolk wildlife trust. It was a really good day, very hands on, the instructor demonstrated the skills and we got on with it. Loads of tea as well which suited me.

Here is my rake, not sure what to do with it to be honest, I don't make a lot of hay.
It has been outside so it is a little discoloured but still fine.

I think there is another course coming up and I would recommend it.
It's just good to spend a day in the woods, making something with the kettle on the fire.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Glad you enjoyed the day, was it Nigel Wheeler running it?
I was the one who did it last year with my old man (I think we are on the advert for the course), it is really satisfying to do and something that I have wanted to do for a long time.

thejollyroger

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2010
england
It was David Wheeler running it.
It was something I wanted to have a go at as well, I would be tempted to go again.

Thanks for recommending it!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
No worries, I think Orchard barn are running a similar course over the summer. They are in Ringshall.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE