Tracking CSI

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Haha Brilliant, did he not take picks of the whole track, poor bugger, does he not realise the wealth of experts on the net!

When asked about the other prints, he said that this was the only one worth taking as the others were partial or obscured. He also only took one blurry picture of the 'potentially important big cat track', which is akin to saying, "yeah I faked it". Since he was outed (still denying it is anything but a real track), more pictures have come to light, but they were taken nine days earlier and of dog tracks. You'll notice that he amazingly managed to take clear pictures of these prints :rolleyes:

nature_pictures_9_10_10_062.JPG

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Its amazing how a pick of an urban legend is always blurry, perhaps they are instantly taken over by the magnitude of there discovery and the camera hand is shaking as they are on the phone to the national press\local government\museums to inform them of the proof they have "discovered" proving the existence of large predators in our not so wild places! silly bugger,

Rumi

Forager
Just felt my blood run cold for a moment.

Had a hairy moment 20 years back in Sri Lanka.. found a similar print, bbut a much softer impression in soft mud near a tank (water) in an area of abandoned irrigation channels and monastery complex found a print not unlike that of a cub and while examining it and beginning to realise how fresh it was found myself closer than I wanted to be to an adult female Leopard with cubs..

I survived...

But went on to freak all my neighbors out with my thumbs.. lol.

The thumb give-away is the broadness of the thumb print in relation to length on the toes, and the sharpness between the impressions on the pad. The print also appears "static".

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
Since the substrate looks pretty fine, it might even be that if the picture wasn't out of focus there would have been fingerprint ridge detail visible.(?)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Defo a giant machine of some kind, banging and wheezing like an asthmatic dinosaur in the mating season churning out millions of the blighters.

as for the print yeah i was thinking cat straight away but it just looked "wrong" somehow. the pad looks detached rather then one whole anatomic feature, you can tell each point was made individually.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE