Tracking CSI

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
OK folks. This is not mine, but was posted on another forum, the coin is a 10p piece, location was Devon. I know exactly what made it... do you?

00254.JPG

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Clearly the impression is some chuffing great pad type print, and had the back part been one big print I'd have said chuffing great canid, but now I'm thinking six or seven smaller prints

Yes...no?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Clearly the impression is some chuffing great pad type print, and had the back part been one big print I'd have said chuffing great canid, but now I'm thinking six or seven smaller prints

Yes...no?

The print was made by one individual... but you are thinking along the right lines.

Petey

Forager
Oct 4, 2009
Rayleigh, Essex
That's a big cat, though I feel stupid for thinkng it...

and what with it being in Devon, I'd guess it was one of them mythical (or perhaps not so if I'm right) Panthers

actually I've got a story to tell, which is pretty much why I feel confident enough to click "post Reply"

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
looks like a load of thumb prints ?

Craig.............

I am going to have to agree with Craig, it looks to small to be a big cat, and to perfect to of been left by any other than a thumb, mabey the notorious thumb cat of nova scotia has been released, i think you can even see a nail imprint in the right lobe of the rear pad, definatly a thumb cat,

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Craig & Southey are spot on, it is a faked big cat print made by what I consider is a human thumb. You can see the nail print in the pad and the overlapping ridges created. The person that took the picture claimed that a big cat was sighted one night and they investigated in daylight and found a long line of these prints. I called BS on it and the evidence points to the print being minutes old too, not to mention, coincidentally blurry. Completely anatomically incorrect, the faker has taken a perfect text book print and tried to replicate it...... badly. The fact that they claim there is a long line of these prints, and the freshness points to the photographer being the faker.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE