'Touching The Void'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

Strider

Just read this tome by Joe Simpson... Excellent!!
A really thrilling tale, the aspects of humanity it explores are truley relevent. I found myself thinking of how I would react if I were in either of the two climbers position...
What do you think and are there any other similar books you thought were great?

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
yea a great read, enthralling. I think I would have cut the rope as well but I would like to think that I would have confirmed whether my climbing partner was dead or not. Unless you are in that situation yourself you never know. I think that the condition that Simon Yates was in when he came off the mountain was touch and go - this is kind of glanced over I think.

It's a great film as well if you get the chance to see it.

Cheers

JFW

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Those of you who can access NTL broadbands sit can read a full interview with him and I believe he is also on there live today!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I agree, a great read.
Not sure how I would react, probably do the same thing. He had to cut the rope or die.

Cheers

Mark

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
:-D
watch the film, :yikes:
(preferably on DVD for the extras)
just before watching the film I'd just done a week in scotland learning iceclimbing ect in -30 degrees.

how the :***: did they do that! :notworthy :clap:

i was completely wasted and must've climbed 200 meters or so!

amazing, and the film was shot on site!

wait for "brown girl in the ring" :eek:): :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE